Golden Chef painting contest

Moavoamoatu

Black Scorpion Golden Chef painting contest results are online :

Here for open :

http://heresyminiatures.com/forumofdoom/index.php?topic=8376.0

And here for minor :

http://heresyminiatures.com/forumofdoom/index.php?topic=8370.0

I only got a Highly Commended in the Open category (5th place out of 15 entries). Many thanks to the mates who helped me to paint this marble effect (it was the first time) : Bexley, Wren, Jabberwocky, Thunderhawkerminis.

I couldn't spend time on my entry as I only had one day (afternoon and evening) to paint it so it was a bit rushed.

BTW I had no chance to win something with Games Workshop staff members in the contest.

May be next time...

Congratulations to Stan too.

Edited by Moavoamoatu

Congrats on getting commended, that's nothing to be ashamed of. Looking at the quality of the top three and commended pieces, it looks like a fairly tight race to me, so I wouldn't count yourself out. The fact that you can do something like that in a day stuns me, if you have a little more time available next year you'll likely hit the top three! I like your piece, I think the base is very striking, and the way you've used red only on the main figure keeps him the focus. Very nice painting of neutral colours on the main figure also.

Thryth your chief was very nice : I loved it.

That's very kind of you to say (the picture in the announcement was actually scaled down, and does not look too great, I have to update my website with a better image). Your entry is fantastic, BTW. Nice idea, great implementation.

The point of my message was that you were in the category above commended. :)

I have the same problem with names on-line. Thank you. I think that I found a reasonable recipe for grimy metal (which I discovered on my IP5R1 entry). The image on the announcement was rescaled, there is a better one on my site: Chef, in case you are interested. :)

Thanks again. :)