Wolverine, flat

supervike

This is a from a keychain I found at the local Sprawlmart...It was just a solid piece of pewter, but I clipped off the keychain, painted it white and had at it.

really just an exercise on forcing myself to highlight more. I cannot get away from my 'sketchy' look.

Anyhow, its a mostly 2-d thingy, with just embossed detail.

wolverine.jpg

I had a heckuva time trying to get a decent photo, and trying to make it look like it does in 'real life'....Thats about as good as I can do, sadly.

Very cool! I think the suit came out wonderfully. The skin threw me at first, I had to take a second look to clue in that it was hair on his arms, but that's probably just me not being super familiar with the comic portrayal of the character.

Looks good, but I can see you've fought with the photo. I had the same reaction to the arms as Wren, probably due to the photo. I think he'd benefit from still more highlights on the skin of his shoulder, as you've got the play of the light across the back of his suit just right, but the skin could use a tad more. Good job Vic

The face in general could use more shading, on a flat you really need to add your own shadows to create the shapes. I dunno, you could go further on the highlights on the costume, but I dont think it would add a lot anywhere but on the arm that's coming at you. Without more highlights it recedes a bit into the background, but given the foreshortening you really want it to pop forward out at you, and the extra highlights would help with that. Painting flats is a very different beast from painting minis, it's a lot closer to 2d illustration, and many of the techniques illustration uses are helpful. All in all though a pretty cool piece.