Wood Elf WIP

WolfDreamerNZ

I have always painted character figs - but since moving towns to one where everyone plays Warhammer - I have started looking at some of the armies and have now taken on Wood Elves and Bretonnians.

Never having painted quickly to begin with - this is a great chance for learning to paint units and work colour schemes out over more than one model. I think this is going to be fun. :)

So here are my first 4 WE at about 85% completion. The one with the tree on his base is the furthest from being finished while the one with the blue facepaint is almost done.

I would love to get some feedback on colour choice, quality for units, and any problems you think I might run into doing them this way (besides them taking ages to finish - he he)

Thanks!

WEs1.jpg

Thanks FF - yep purple - needed to break from the green/brown schemes everybody else does and still try to look woodsy...

Time spent - ummmm - do you really want to know? Probably 5 -6 hours a figure - but I think my next lot will be closer to 2-3 - now that I have worked out colours and how I am going to do my highlighting without spending 10+ hours per unit fig. Characters will still get the full treatment... :)

UPDATE: After having seen some of Mousekiller's awesome armies and discussing with other tourny players - I have decided to use this unit for a painting comp at a LGS and do my army figs on slightly bigger bases (25mm instead of 20mm) with more conversion work and basing to make them stand out on the table.

So to that end I am doing my first display base for multiple figures...only a few figures are done and the rest are still very much WIPs.

IMG_3177-1.jpg

Pic of the whole base. Red rocks will become small waterfall feeding into stream with broken tree and a few elves with water bases. Levels will be grassy hills with forest behind them. Bases will be indented.

IMG_3188-1.jpg

Main group...

IMG_3190-1.jpg

Closer view 1

IMG_3184-1.jpgIMG_3189-1.jpg

Shaping up?