Mad Puppet Wood Elf WIP

Duende

You're highlighting a basecoat of a warm yellowish green with a cool blueish green highlight? Isn't that kinda backwards? Normally you'd want your highlights to be warmer then your shadows unless you're doing something funky with a cool lighting scheme, but even then I'd think you'd want the shadows cool as well. I suppose it would work if you're doing an overall generally warm light and then adding a cool light source in addition to that... Ok, now you've got me curious as to what you're up to. :)

Yep, Skya, I do know about that point (and the two painting classes I took at GenCon both mentioned it :D) so I was actually seeing if I could pull off a mini doing it "backwards"; using cooler colors for highlights. The whole green-to-blue cape is an experiment on my part and in reality, the blue was picked up a lot more by the camera than is actually seen on the mini, I'll try and adjust it next time I take pictures.

Right now I'm at my most hated part... bits painting. Sure it's easy enough to pick out a color scheme for the main parts (skin tone, larger parts of the clothing and armor) but now I gotta figure out how I'm gonna paint his little parts (the forearm guard, the boots, that plate on his thigh, the scabbards and quiver, etc.) Do i just used the same colors I used elsewhere?..Do I try to make every bit different? If so, what colors do I use? I don't want to make him gaudy. Gah! (Any suggestions much appreciated) :D