New Walnut square plints for sale

The Dragonforge Store now has Walnut square plinths for sale.

http://dragonforge.com/Painting%20service/for%20sale/walnut%20square%20plinths.htm

All plinths are hand made from North American Walnut. Which is a hard wood Species.

Bases are cut to size, sanded and sealed with sanding sealer and

2 coats of Semi Gloss Lacquer.

These are simple square plinths. There are no fancy edges for this series.

Made popular by many of the European miniature painters.

Sizes and Prices are

1" square for $5.00

1.5" Square for $7.50

2.0" square for $10.00

front.jpg

I am now taking orders.

Jeff Wilhelm

Oh don't tell me about the week dollar..were getting so hosed.. but yeah I love selling to Europeans with a stronger currency. As long as I get what price I want I love it. Id say 70% of what i sell goes to Europe at the moment.

The figure travel box I'm making I think would sell well over there, the only killer is the shipping as it weighs in at 12 pounds to ship after packaged. Its a box just like Jeremie Bonamants if you have ever seen that.

The box weighs 10 pounds.. which really isn't much when your holding it. Its constructed from 1/2 in Baltic Birch plywood with a super strong handle and hinges. Very sturdy..I stood on one for like 20 minutes with not a crack..and Im a fat bastard LOL

But yeah shipping to most of Europe is about $70.00. The US postal service eliminated surface as a shipping option now so it can only go air.

I really need to get a good mini carrying box/case. Nigel had a great one at GD with a shoulder strap. Might ask to see if the blokes at my dads work can build one.

Matty, if they do any cabinet making or have wood working equipment then they can probably hook you up.

I made mine for myself and once I showed a few friends I figured Id offer them for sale to others.

To be honest for the average GD or painting contest it probably too bit. If your going to transport many pieces like Jeremie does its ideal.

I could make a box any size really if people wanted a larger or smaller one. I did this one to fit in carry on baggage and carry a lot.

If I build the battle scene entry I want Ill probably have to build a box just for it.

Jeff: Its a shipyard, so tools aplenty. Only problem is sometimes you ask and it just never gets done.....

Rob:Good call, Il take a look around.

I just need a smallish box to carry about 10-15 mini's for when I go on my travels. I went to Paris and ended up breaking to because I was carrying them in a tupperware box with foam. I really want to do the whole drilled in thing so they don't budge an inch.

Plus for the competitions next year I'm planning on going to I will have a large diorama/scene. Which will be mental to transport without secure transportation.

My ideal would be something that could carry about 10 or so regular figures with a few larger compartments for dioramas or big figures, figs on plinths, etc. Best would be if it could be carried easily with some sort of shoulder strap (or fit into a backpack). Most stuff seems designed for army players, and whenever I'm travelling with minis I generally want to travel much lighter. I had a small hard case made I think by Chessex, but it must be a pretty old design as it doesn't really fit modern size minis very well. I have a soft case with a shoulder strap that's a good size and weight to carry around at cons (I think it's for MageKnight figures), but I'd never take it on a plane. My stepfather sent along a metal case with dividers that he found, I have no idea what it was originally designed for, but if I wrap figures up with bubblewrap it works well enough for transporting minis. It's kind of like a mini briefcase, so not great for wandering around cons, but worked well the one time I took minis in carryon.

Hey Matty you still planning on World Expo????

It's a big possibility. It's either going to be that, or Paris again in October. I have the money for one (they will both cost about the same) but because I am going on my on I really need to share diggs with somebody to half the cost of the room.

Otherwise there is no way I can afford to pay double for the room.

DF,

You say that for now all you are going to be offering is the simple stained cube. You think you will ever venturing into shaped plinths? Or since I would be wanting a shaped piece, and would therefore have to restain it after shaping, are you going to offer non stained for less?

No thats just what these are..simple finished square plinths..for that price thats what you get.

I can make anything, price is according to materials, time and complexity. I was just getting requests for simple cube plinths that seem to be the in thing right now with the Europeans and now over here as more people pick up on it.

Ive been making bases for 5 years now and have done every conceivable design for people..many god awful too in my opinion but hey if you want to pay Ill make it. I think I have a couple slayer sword winners parked atop wood babes I made and countless golds. Not saying my bases had anything to do with it but hey id like to think so LOL

I may offer a simple painted black cube plinth soon too. I'm just looking for things to make that are simple to make in numbers.. as things get complex they get more expensive.

Jeff

It's a big possibility. It's either going to be that, or Paris again in October. I have the money for one (they will both cost about the same) but because I am going on my on I really need to share diggs with somebody to half the cost of the room.

Otherwise there is no way I can afford to pay double for the room.

sorry to steal the thread Jeff ...The cubes are cool and order WILL be placed soon promise just a bit slow on the money front due to doing no work at all this last month due to illness..I will probably send order and payment next couple of days but please don't post until after xmas..will discuss more with ya chief....

Matty .. I may be going on my ownsome to either still haven't decided yet ..Expo is winning at the moment as it's only once every 4 years ..p.m or email me and we can chat about it if ya like...