Galadriel

matty1001

Well I got sick of black and white Alice! Il get back to it someday, but It was getting annoying and I want something to do quickly.

Decided to do Galadriel, just messing on, try a couple of new techniques, quite speedy, nothing serious.

Ended up painting this in two days and it's probably one of my best! lol

So I'm probably going to take it to Games Day and enter it, that is aslong as the bigger base won't get disqualified (I have no idea) and will also have it at Paris.

So figured I'd show It off, as its the first in months I'v been reasonably happy with.

web.jpg

web.jpg

It looks really good, Matty. I think you pulled off the green-white of the dress very nicely and I think the hair looks absolutely stunning. The only critique (well, two actually) is that the eyes look a little off and the design on the back, while good, doesn't follow the flow of the dress; it should be "crinkled" the way the dress is.

Still, this is a great job, whether it took two days or two weeks. Very, very nice.

@Hinton, that area of the dress is very flat and there is only one indent which would affect the pattern, one the far left. You can just notice that the left side is slightly lower than the right.

TBH the flatness was the reason I picked this area, I was going to extend the freehand vertically down, but decided against it.

The eye's (at a fear of sounding big headed) on spot on (no pun intended) and are both looking in exactly the same direction (Best eyes I have ever painted!.) I have painted them in blue and the left eye is slightly smaller than the right which is why is may look a little off. Problem is you are just going to have to trust me lol but some of you will see it in a few weeks so you know I'm not lying!

@Stupidcow: The contrast is greater IRL, with bolder shades (which inevitably make the highlights shine more) but as before, its a photo thing, and yo will just have to rely on trust!

The freehand on the back is something I may tidy up a bit, just line the edges with the cream should help, cheers!