The Large Figures I brought to GenCon Indy

eastman

I've already posted this on two other boards (in case it looks familiar), but I did want to post here as well.

This year, I had entries in the GenCon contest with the goal of trying for the manufacturer prizes from Hasslefree and DarkSword. I haven't had a chance to shoot my own pictures yet, but they have showed up on Electric Ocean, so I thought I'd start by posting links.

1) Hasslefree Mary - Dragonmarked. Note - contains 54mm nekkidness. Viewer discretion required.

http://electricocean.com/67/index.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=196&pos=10

She placed second in the Hasslefree Manufacturer Prize and 3rd in the GenCon Dragon theme prize. I'll post links to more pictures once I shoot them, since this doesn't show the back tattoo.

2) DarkSword Lowland Hunting Dragon (the dragon is just as nekkid as Mary is, but no one makes a big deal about it)

http://electricocean.com/67/index.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=196&pos=11

I started painting this when I was suffering Purple & Teal withdrawal. The LHD placed 3rd in the DarkSword contest.

(My third entry - Ashlee Campbell, Zombie Hunter - didn't make the cut in single figure (even if she does have a chainsaw handy) so I don't have pictures to link to of her yet.

Good stuff! I'm not a fan of Kev's 54mm stuff, don't think his style portrays very well on bigger figure, but I do like what you have done with it, the tattoo is a great idea but looks a little stark, some glazes of the flesh colour over the top would help blend it in a little.

Congrats on the two 3rd places!

more pics soon please! I'll stick them on the FOD if you like

Although I don't spend much time there, I think I'm registered at the FoD. I was hoping for an official Hasslefree manufacturer prize topic there, but I guess Sally's been a wee bit preoccupied lately.

I do need to shoot additional pictures, since this view doesn't show the winged dragon on her back. As for the inspiration, I photographed a woman about 10 years ago who had the Oriental dragon tattoo. I made a few changes to make the design work a little better at 54mm, but it mostly followed the photos. (I'm not sure about linking to those pictures from any of the minis forums since the subject happens to be completely nekkid in all the pics, just like Mary)

• 2 weeks later...

More views of Mary: (my pics on Photobucket, not the "official" GenCon pics on Electric Ocean)

back -

IMGP0265copy.jpg

a different view of the front-

IMGP0261copy.jpg

BTW - the dragon tattoos were completely painted using tube watercolor paints (a mix of Pentel and Grumbacher colors)

BTW- If P-Bucket deletes them, they are in my gallery here.