New Decking bases by PK-Pro

40mm Relief-Decking - Set-02 3,50 EUR

62_0.jpg

Two different 40 mm Relief Multi-Bases in Decking-Style. The Multi-Bases are supplied unpainted and unassembled. The Picture shows just an example for painting.

They have to be cleaned up of flash and mold release residue before priming and painting. They can be drilled and sanded.

Material: Resin (polyurethane).

Sculpted by TIN (www.tinsbits.de).

Painted by Jürgen Wagner alias Crackpot.

50mm Relief-Decking-01 3,50 EUR

59_0.jpg

One 50 mm Decking-Style Relief Multi-Base. The Multi-Base is supplied unpainted and unassembled. The Picture shows just an example for painting.

They have to be cleaned up of flash and mold release residue before priming and painting. They can be drilled and sanded.

Skulpted by Kevin Kosse alias TIN (www.tinsbits.com).

Painted by Jürgen Wagner alias Crackpot

50mm Relief-Decking-02 3,50 EUR

61_0.jpg

One 50 mm Decking-Style Relief Multi-Base. The Multi-Base is supplied unpainted and unassembled. The Picture shows just an example for painting.

Skulpted by Kevin Kosse alias TIN (www.tinsbits.com).

Painted by Jürgen Wagner alias Crackpot

More info:

http://www.pk-pro.de/

Awesome bases! I must place an order with them soon.

problem is, dont know how to pin, have no tools to do it, and since my teacher in technic class decided to give me 6s just for trying to prevent me from even coming close to all the technical tools Im afraid to even try it ;)

or is it really simple ?

Pinning in and of itself is pretty easy. and since you would be pinning on the base, its a bit easy.

All you need are some flush sprue cutters to remove the tab, then a pin vise, a small drill bit (I use 1/32") and a paper clip.

1) figure out where you want him to be posed on the base.

2) find the area with the most amount of metal for you to use to base.

3) drill a small hole in the area with the pin vise, you want to go into the foot a few millimeters, but be careful not to drill through the part (if you do you can hide it with greenstuff, but not punching through is always better

4) straighten out paperclip, and apply a little bit of superglue into the hole.

5) Insert paperclip in the hole allow to set

6) Paint model, use pin vise to hold your overly long pin.

7) prep and paint base.

8) take pin vise and drill small hole where you will place model.

9) depending on base type (if its smooth bottomed or not) you can place model on base through the pin hole. If smooth bottomed, trim the pin to sit flush with bottom of base, apply glue to ping and insert in hole. If not smooth bottomed you can make a bit of a hook on the bottom of the and glue that part down for added strength.