Have liked Anime for a long time and have recently got back into watching some and thought I would get some ideas of what is out there and what is interesting.

Used to love Ranma 1/2 have to admit. Crying Freeman and Akira were other ones I really liked. Never was much into the fantasy ones, just never did it for me. Full Metal Alchemist is about as close to 'fantasy' as I like to get but that has way more steampunk in it which makes it interesting for me.

Favorite of the moment is Bleach - rather cool story line, curious to see how that pans out and I might get bored waiting and just buy the whole series at GenCon with one of the anime dealers if I can find it.

Latest one that I was turned onto was 'Afro Samurai' by Steph who just showed it to me. Looks like a fun piece and is definitly different enough to catch my attention.

Any other winners out there?

"Last Exile", is very steampunk and has a very good story too.

Afro Samurai is funny because its the voice of Samuel L Jackson.

Its pretty Fantasy but its also fairly steampunk in the design aspect, and they do some absolutely lovely scenery for "Escaflowne" (the series, not the movie)

Also there is one of my all time favorites is the Original Bubblegum Crisis and Bubblegum Crash that came out in the late 80s is the better of them but you can also find Bubblegum Crisis 2040 which is the TV series rehash of the original OVA.

Samurai Champloo, Vandread and Vandread: Second Stage, Scrapped Princess, Trigun, Outlaw Star, and Cowboy Bebop, for some series, and a couple of movies are Howl's Moving Castle, Vampire Hunter D, and Spirited Away, just to name a few I've seen and liked off the top of my head.

I've recently started Fate: Stay Night and Saumrai Seven which seem promising and have Ergo Proxy in my Netflix queue that looks good in the preveiws.

And for some weird reason I really like Fruits Basket even though it's really "girly" and not really my style.

Well since you brought up Howl's Moving Castle, i guess its only fair to also bring up Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, especially since Disney released it with better US voices and per their contract with all Studio Ghibli releases *it wasn't "disney-fied"* so the villains were really unsympathetic. As well as Laputa: Castle in the sky And spirited Away, just because Spirited Away had an awesome story while Laputa, alot of the designs and idea had a victorian era .

Cowboy Bebop was a nice series because while there was an underlying metaplot, every single episode was totally self contained. So when you watch them if you miss one episode or if you watch them out of order (except for the last 4) you don't really feel that you completely missed something.

Good call on the Livevideo.com site - watching some stuff there I haven't seen yet. Which of course makes me want to see all of Bleach now after seeing some cuts that I haven't seen before.

Speaking of, cause I can't find out for the life of me, but do the sell the Bleach Box Set in English yet? I haven't found it so I'm thinking not, but ..

Can anyone remember the name of a MANGA, where they used a group of super-criminals as a SWAT team, by attaching explosive neck collars

(A la Battle royale or IG penal battalions)

I think it was called something like Tokyo Police 2012 or something futuristicy like that...

Discovered two new ones, well new to me, the first is called claymore, its about beasts/demons that kill humans they are called yomka, they can disguise as humans in towns and so, there are some half human half yomka that are called claymores they are all women and have abit of armour and a 2handed sword and hunt the yomka, its very good so far.

Second is D gray-man, this is about people turning to anger and dispair when loved ones die, and this guy makes deals with them to call back their spirits, but he puts them into machines and they kill humans and hunt for something called innocence, theres more into it but alot to type. theres an organisation who have exorsists that hunt them, its very good and its pretty unique once you get into it.

My long time favorite is "fulli culi" also nown as FLCL. It's absolutely crazy deep!!

Death Note is my new favorite (but I'm waiting to see Afro Samurai for real to change. Grendeiser ( old but the first J-anime to came in France in the middle 70's), GTO ( not the car... Hummm, I do love the 71'Pontiac GTO too) and so many more...