Fenryll Elf Hero WIP

Duende

Since I'm finally done with the few Femme Fatale entries I did, I felt like starting something non-female, so this is what I started recently.

Ususally don't post wip's, since getting critisisms from the really high-end painters around here kinda scares me, but I figured it could be better to get helpful comments from people who know what they're doing, since I haven't a clue. :o:

So here Fenryll's resin Elf Hero. The first two wip shots. :embarasse

WIP 1:

fenryllelf1.jpg

WIP2:

fenryllelf2.jpg

I'd also like to hear any color suggestions for the studs on the shield and armor and for the cloak and extra bits.

I have some concern with how the skintone is looking atm. While I'm no expert and currently trying to paint more realistic skin, I find that you have to mix your own skintone most of the time. I personally use VMC sunny skintone mixed with some flat brown & dark sea grey as a base colour. I avoid using inks to wash cos I find it makes things blotchy. Instead I used a more controlled wash mixing burnt umber into the basecolour. After that I go over with the base colour and add some red to the cheeks, grey/green for the beard areas before doing the final highlight. Finally I glaze over the areas to make everything blend together.