World of Mini Charity WIP

Jabberwocky

Here is a pair I have been working on for Tim over at his World of Minis website. He is arranging a charity army for an organization over there called Children in Need. Take a peek if you have time--I'm having a good bit of fun one this one. These are a pair of ork burna boyz. The sale won't be done until the fall of '07, so I may do more if I have time between the Wyrd painting contests ;).

WoMBurnaBoyzWIP8.jpg

WoMBurnaBoyzWIP7.jpg

Got a bit more done. The facemask is pretty much done, although I plan to deepen the shading on the rusted part of the helmet. The shirt and flamethrower are really just basecoated at this point. As usual, I decided to change something midstream on a project. I ran out of "gunk" and decided to do something quite a bit different with the new gunk. I went with 50% water, ~40% VMC matte medium, and ~10% RMS flow improver. Mixing it up, I have a white cloudy material. It doesn't seem to alter the color of the paints, but I definitely think it has dulled the metallics I am using. I have yet to decide whether this is a good thing or not. I think it will be--one of the key ingredients I think with working with metallics that I have observed with those really good with them is that they tend to do a lot of washes to dull the reflection of the flakes.

I picked up the new RMS steel metallics as well as the new brass/bronze paints. The helmet and boots were done with the old steel triad, the FT with the new. It has just been basecoated with black (steel) and brown (brass) followed by the initial layer of metallics--blackened steel and old bronze, respectively. Lots of weathering yet to go--I'll be rusting up the steel and laying down some smoke over the brass bit as well as darkening the end of the FT. I'll be attempting some subtle OSL on the FT as well, so hopefully that neon green won't look so out of place. The shirt is RMS stone gray. Comments?

WoMBurnaBoyzWIP9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the evening's work. The burned flesh is coming along nicely, I think. I am trying to alter the tone just a bit between healthy and burned skin. The Golden Olive I used in the previous pic has been lightened with RMS Desert Sand for the healthy skin and RMS Aged Bone for the burned skin. My photos are not the best--hopefully it will become more apparent as I continue to highlight.

WoMBurnaBoyzWIP13.jpg

WoMBurnaBoyzWIP12.jpg

And I'll stop spamming my own thread now...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...