Leveticus, Steampunk Necromancer by Wolfen

Wolfen

Cool! That is really a great looking mini (except for the shine)! There's two things you can do to reduce shine.

1. Get a good matte varnish! Testors Dullcoat is the best I've found, but it can be tricky to get hold of in some countries.

2. Diffuse the lighting when you take photographs! I've built a box with sides made out of tracer paper that I place the miniature inside (the front is open of course). Put the lights outside the box and shine them through the tracer paper. This will give you a soft and "spread out" light inside the box which doesn't give sharp reflections on your mini.

Hey Francesco, I know you asked me about this a couple days ago but I have only just now gotten a moment to breath (doing these 14 hour days at work really .. sucks).

Looks good - I think the shine is a bit off putting but its a nicely done piece though I think maybe the coat throws me off a bit with the deep shading. See you also cut off the spike on the back of the staff/scepter. That actually looks pretty good - did you have one that wasn't in the best shape back there or just decided to do something different?