Tzor's WIP Iron Painter II, Round 1

tzor

I am uploading the pictures to the Gallery but I'm also uploading them to my picturetrail account. These are from the picturetrail account, same pics but there might be a smaller resolution as the picturetrail will trim based on height.

Primer, everything primed and ready to go. Base included. Plus a Penguin!

185797912.jpg

Base Coat, the first coats of paint are on the mini. Bleached bone on the bone, ivory for the cloak, brown for the wood, and gunbolt metal for the metal. Oh and WarGriffon, Mr. Gnome has a comment about your lack of posting your WIP.

186789701.jpg

*Mr Penguin and Mr Gnome are not a part of the actual mini. They just like to hog the WIP camera.

187772975.jpg

I added a little thinned ink to give the cloth some depth, then covered a thin covering of the base coat to tone down the general problems of using inks. I added some details as well. Then I started on the base, adding some green ink to the grass areas and a little gray to the rocks.

Also in the photo are two unpained Saxon dogs. They come from two minis, Saxon King and Saxon Queen, and at the moment I forget the manufacturer. So let's let loose the Saxon dogs of war against WarGriffon! POST SOMETHING!

Next steps get the mini on the base and actually start doing the weathering thing; Rust on the blade and dirt on the clothes.

The mini is now attached to the base. I added the first layers of mud and rust on the blade. Honestly, this has been the best contest so far. Keeping mum about what I am doing. Not that I have any chance of winning mind you (well except for forfeit, Wargriffon post something!) but I think I used to suffer from pre-mature photo shooting. Shooting all these WIP pictures has eliminated my need to call something premature finished. By the end of the week I should have something almost mediocre.

188136028.jpg

This is also my first attempt at using a mirror because I'm too lazy to combine the images. The unpainted Saxon King and Queen are just waiting to judge Wargriffon's mini, assuming he's working on a mini. We don't know because he hasn't posted yet!

Also in the photo are two unpained Saxon dogs. They come from two minis, Saxon King and Saxon Queen, and at the moment I forget the manufacturer. So let's let loose the Saxon dogs of war against WarGriffon! POST SOMETHING!

I'm giving you a chance I don't want to spoil your fun and depress you to early in the run up, Don't forget it's only a couple of days to GD over here so I have a lot going on.

Have you lost a rabbit? I seem to have shot one and it is on a base I'm doing at the moment :D

Just wanted to know you were still alive. Yes GD's are clearly more important. You can't depress me because if I win then I win, but if I loose ... then you're getting this mini and I certanly want to give the winner my very best.

:fest06:

Have you lost a rabbit? I seem to have shot one and it is on a base I'm doing at the moment :D

You're not doing an "Elmer Fudd's Revenge" by any chance.

• 2 weeks later...