Speedpainted Cygnar Battlegroup

Malebolgia

Hey guys,

Last Thursday I was giving a demo in my games store and I wanted to use a Protectorate and Cygnar set. Unfortunately my Cygnar set wasn't painted at all and bare metal was not an option for a demo. Time for a speedpaint session!

Two middays/8 hours later 4 miniatures were finished. That was VERY fast for me. I used simple techniques for most of the parts that could be applied relatively fast. The dark blue was done by drybrushing, glazing, washing and a very thin layer...done in various ways. The result is a bit grainy/sloppy but good enough for demoes. The light blue was done with blends and therefore look better. The metallics were first drybrushed with 2 colors and then Smoked and inked. After this I painted all golden parts.

Here are the pictures:

Coleman Stryker

stryker1.jpg

stryker2.jpg

(jup, I spotted the blue spot on the gun ;)). I reversed the blade as this looks MUCH cooler IMO and can easily be done as you cannot spot his thumbs. Now you can also see his face. I also glued him to a piece of bark.

Charger

charger.jpg

(small headswap here with the Lancer)

Lancer

lancer.jpg

Ironclad

ironclad.jpg

And the whole bunch together

battlegroup.jpg

All in all I am quite happy with them and they are excellent for demoes. I will also continue painting this way for the rest of the Cygnar army. They are my 4th WARMACHINE army after all ;). Now these are finished I have some time to get back to painting for Andy of Heresy Miniatures.