2 sculpts I've done

Minigrrrl

i've been away from the world of toy soldiers for a long time due to personal reasons, and have only recently picked up the courage to start posting some stuff again. Here's a bust i've sculpted of Christopher Eccleston as the 9th doctor Who, and a green of a half ogre.

URL's:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/129076

http://www.coolminiornot.com/129269

Let me know what you think. ta.

Tammy

Funny...I was just thinking about you the other day. I even thought about posting something if anyone knew how you've been.You've been missed in the virtual communities you used to frequent...Hope to see more of you.The bust is pretty close...I knew whom you were going for immediately upon seeing it, but it still looks a bit off around the crown of the head, and something about the ears. Still, very good likeness!The Orc...um wow. That is just fantastic. This is what sculptors should look for when trying to please painters (thats what its all about right? LOL) Lots of room for freehand and creativy, and no overly fiddly detail. Fantastically clean, yet still very realistic. Way to go.

no, the half-ogre will not be cast, I can't afford it. It'll be a portfolio piece, together with all the other things i've been sculpting in the hope that I'll be able to bag some work with it.

The Eccles bust was only 15 hours work, it was never supposed to be release quality, it was done as an example for a company that used it as part of a business proposal for a set of Doc Who collectable resin statuettes, a la WETA Sideshow. It never happened unfortunately, I would have loved to have fondled mr Tennant's miniature face for a while, pretending... ;) Eccles's ears are weird for a reason however...he has two differently shaped ears. i've been using official Doc Who reference, and one of his ears is rather cauliflowery, while the other has more of a Dumbo aspect...bizarre....

• 4 weeks later...