Wood Elf King

Patrick

pak_elfking01b.jpg

Here is Reaper's fantastic Wood Elf King (#02934) sculpted by Werner Klocke and painted using Reaper Master Series paints. He features considerable freehand knotwork and was entered as the Dark Heaven Legends single small entry at ReaperCon '06.

This majestic Lord of the Woods stands atop a custom sculpted treestump adorned with tiny brass-etched leaves. His armor is finished in a fine metallic gold and is layered with gloss coats to create an authentic shine. The rest of the figure is finished with Testor's Dulcote to insure lasting protection.

This was the figure I've been practicing all that Celtic knotwork for! I love painting that stuff!

Vote here!

Bid here!

Thanks Nathan! It got squeezed out by all of the superb GD winners who migrated from Colorado to nab a Sophie Trophy. :D

But, I did get a bronze for Third Place in the Warlord Unit category with my Wood Elf Archers. I'm still compiling the pictures for those. I was pretty happy overall though, it was my first painting contest ever (not counting internet things) and I got some great feedback on my painting techniques from the judges Amy Brehm, Sue Wachowski and Jen Haley. They were all really sweet and scolded me appropriately for the areas where I cheated. :D