The Butcher of Khardov

Malebolgia

The Butcher of Khardov

butcher1.jpg

butcher2.jpg

This was the good man when I finished him...but it wasn't enough! I needed more...and so the madness began...and this is the end result:

butcher_finished1.jpg

butcher_finished2.jpg

butcher_finished3.jpg

butcher_finished4.jpg

So what did I do?

-I added blood to Lola...and to the snow (see tutorial 1).

-I added some battle damage to his fist (see tutorial 2).

-I added snow scatter to the lower half of the Butcher to simulate a long walk through the snow. I used the Tamiya Weathering Master Set B and the Tamiya Weathering Snow Pen for this. This is a good way to make realistic and convincing snow scatter. It simulates snow sticking to your clothes after a long trek through the snow (I only added it to his lower half as this was the part that would plough through the snow).

I also made two tutorials; one for making blood and one for doing battle damage. You can find them here:

http://wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?p=9751#post9751

Rather nicely done, I like the fact that you weren't afraid to 'dirty' up the miniature by doing snow on the lower legs, gives it a great appearance though I know myself I would have been hesitant to do so for the simple fact that it would have killed me in order to cover up a great paint job.

Love the gore and the axe.