Alejandra, SJB and CMON

Hi all

Been a bit of 'mouth shut' on my part regarding the green, Alejandra, Ive been pimping around various forums over the last couple of weeks. Sorry that I've been dragging my heels on info but I have been trying to get all the pieces fitted into place. This is the painted version of said mini by the way (painted by me)...

img443bef9f1d4e5.jpg

Basically she is the first piece in a new range that will be released under my new banner of SJB Studios. SJB Studios will be responsible for a few different projects in the future.

Alejandra is the first in the range and this range is a co-production. This is why I've been a bit silent, it's not entirely my project. It's a co-production with Coolminiornot* who, long time painters may remember were the original home of Spyglass Miniatures. I've been chatting with them on and off for a good time now about us doing a project together. And this will be it.

So, whens and wheres...

Alejandra will be available exclusively through the coolminiornot online store and, she's available for pre-order right now. Production castings are on their way to Coolmini HQ and will be on hand very soon. But, as said, pre-orders are being taken now.

Oh, and there's more. Alejandra is also to be the subject of the next coolminiornot painting contest. I'll leave the details of the contest to others more qualified to inform. But we (coolmini and I) thought there should be some sort of offer on board as this figure IS NOT limited edition. So, to celebrate the start of the new range, new contest, new etc... * *....for the first month of sales* the figure will be available at a discounted prce of $8.99 which will then rise to its standard retail of $9.99 when the month is up.

So, that's about the shape of things. Phew.

Oh, and you can find the site at www.coolminiornot.com* (but you already knew that)

The online store link is on the right hand menu.

Steve B

ps...feel like voting on my painting. Here

http://www.coolminiornot.com/119132

Given my recent experience with trying to find toy cars to scale with minis, I'm thinking I may have to go larger too. Most cars seem to be 1:43, which might work out with a 34mm mini. I'll just have to buy her and compare.

p.s. nice paintjob, great smooth skin. Still not fond of the weapon, but it is original. What's that on her left hip?