NEWS: Complete Encounters

I just came across these - actually I book marked them a bit back and never got around to posting it here, but found these while cleaning out my bookmarks. Anyhow, I just came across them randomly and I thought that it was a really neat idea.

Essentially, its a few miniatures with some terrain cards and stats for running an encounter in a D&D game and the product is called 'Complete Encounters'. The miniatures aren't the best, but there are a few gems in there I think would shine with some better paint jobs. That's not really gets me though as this is one of those 'drop on the table' encounters where the GM gets to say "you see this!".

Rather neat idea I think.

http://paizo.com/store/paizo/gameMastery/compleatEncounters

DES_Minis_Desktop_800x600.jpg

I posted the fat guy from "Liberation of Prince Thorgrim" on CMON a while back when they only had 2 pics on their website.

Forgot all about them since. They have many more pics now.

I don't even recall what I was looking for back then, but I'm less impressed with their stuff than I was.

The one you posted is nice though. I like the elf.

We've got every one of these that have come out in the store where I work (it's three or four so far). I think it's a cool idea, and the sculpts aren't bad. I don't have the opportunity to RP right now, so the sets aren't of interest to me personally. Unfortunately they don't seem to be of interest to our customers who do RP, nor to our miniature shoppers. The sets hardly ever get a second look from shoppers, and they're in prime store real estate not some easy to overlook corner. I've heard modules and adventures in general don't do well anymore, everyone wants supplements with more rules and crunchy bits, and those who do want adventures buy Dungeon magazine.