Miniature Lighting

gi6ers

I use 2-3 full spectrum flouresent bulbs (they're AWESOME, I paint with them also, although about $20 a bulb they last forever!). And when I do photography I just tape a piece of tissue paper over them to difuse the light. It's super simple and I'm generally pretty happy with my results

I've been looking for some lighting for mini and macro photography, does anyone use a lightbox? If not what do you use?

Found this on ebay too, opinion?

Lightbox

Hmmmm, I hadn't thought of using one of those to light minis. My guess is it would be a little too weak to light them strongly. These types of boxes are like the doctor's x-ray box - meant to view transparent objects through.

You may want to look for something aimed more at jewelry - aim lights at the sides for bright, but diffuse, lighting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-x12-Light-Cube-Light-Tent-Soft-Box-NEW_W0QQitemZ7548274931QQcategoryZ79008QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've personally never used one, so YMMV.

I do something similar to Eric. I use lamps and tape tracing paper over them (not too close w/incandescents, though. Don't start a fire!)

Take care,

Laszlo

• 5 years later...