NEWS: Moonlight Miniatures, Raising Kane

New Miniature from Moonlight Miniatures (a sponsor of the Wyrd Painting Contest). Interesting new miniature and one that I like - has a good bit of character. I'm not sure about what he has in his hand though, whether it is a fetish, bloody skull or a lantern. Ah - just read its a lantern of souls.

Anyhow, I like it and at $4.00USD, not a bad price!

http://moonlightmini.com/

Kane1.jpg

The mysterious figure known only as KANE has been sighted on the Islands. His true origin has long been lost in a shroud of myth and conjecture. He exists now as though a phantom, except he is flesh and blood. He knows no fear. Death offers him no solace. It is naught but an empty promise, for even after the most grievous and mortal of wounds, he must rise again. Broken, bloody and beaten, he slinks away to mend his injuries, again and again. His prison is his own flesh; his sentence is eternity.

He carries a Lancaster Four Barrel Pistol and a myriad of amulets and trinkets collected over the course of 1,000 lifetimes. Among these trinkets is the Lantern of Souls. Thought to have been fashioned during the Great Upheaval by Sarakiel herself, it is said to have the power to draw the wayward spirits of the children of the Fallen and bind them in its boundless repository, ridding the world of their stain and corruption. It is rumored that he hunts these most vile of blasphemers and profaners to attempt to atone for some ancient horrible sin and receive redemption. Or perhaps he merely seeks one final death... his own.

Well, I've recently purged my mini collection of all the not-so-greats that I'll never get around to painting, and I've decided that I'll never again buy a model with the idea that " He'll look fine in the back ranks."

That said, I looked through the site that this fellow came from and no, I'd never buy one of their models. Too poorly sculpted, IMHO.

I will, however, pay premium prices for great sculpts. I have quite a few Hasslefree, although I traded Kev for them, and I coughed up some decent $$ for old Citadel stuff to fill in holes in my 25 year old Ogre collection. Warmachine sculpts are top notch, as are their prices, but I think you are paying for a quality product, and quality costs.