What counts as an activation

kingmarkov

Question

For the purposes of “once per activation” abilities and actions what counts as an activation if my model has activated already and did a charge can my opponent obey him to charge again? If so can I regenerate and heal when he does, as this is not a may ability.the FAQ has 2 conflicting answers one under general and a different one under pandora.

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, kingmarkov said:

For the purposes of “once per activation” abilities and actions what counts as an activation if my model has activated already and did a charge can my opponent obey him to charge again? If so can I regenerate and heal when he does, as this is not a may ability.the FAQ has 2 conflicting answers one under general and a different one under pandora.

Regenerate is not "once per activation", it happens when the model with the ability activates. An activation is defined on page 21 in thr rule book. "Once Per activation" effects can happen once during any models activation, regardless of what model is activating.

An activation happens when you select a model to activate,  and lasts until that model has completed its actions and ended its activation. 

That means a model could take a once per activation effect in every models activation if it had the chance.

So if its the Jury's activation, she can obey Sam Hopkins  to charge, but if she then obeyed the enslaved nephlim to cast obey, and it obeyed Sam, Sam has already charged this activation so can't charge again. 

Both those obeys occurred during the Jury's activation, so no other model activated, even though other models took actions. ( so the enslaved nephlim doesn't regenerate because it hasn't activated). 

When the enslaved nephlim activated  it could obey Sam to charge again, because we are in a different activation ( the enslaved nephlins activation).  And then when Sam activated its yet another activation and so can charge again.