Carve a Path and markers that cannot be removed by enemy effects (Assault markers)

SunTsu

Question

Hello!

As written in the title, I searched in the forum but found nothing about.

The interaction in question is the "remove any marker" effect in the "Carve a Path" strategy, and effects specifying that a marker "cannot be removed by enemy effects", such as the Assault markers or a scrap marker within :aura4" of a Rock Hopper, just to name two examples.

My question is if the strategy remove rule is considered a friendly effect, or not.

My guess is that it's not considered a friendly effect to anyone, since the strategy define it, and in this case those markers are removed as usual.

The opposite would lead to undefined situations. For example, the "friendly" status would depend on the owner of the marker pushed, or on the model that's activating the push??? And in case of an unremovable impassable marker (don't know if there's any in the game...), the strategy marker would stop its push, or would continue its movement?

Let me know your point of view... 🤔

3 answers to this question

4.7 *Carve a Path – Can an enemy model use a Strategy Marker to remove a Marker that is under an effect that prevents enemy

models from removing it, such as the Dependable or Rusted Metal Abilities?

a) No. If an enemy model takes the Interact Action and is controlling the Push of the Strategy Marker, the removal of the non-

Strategy Marker is considered an enemy effect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2023 at 5:57 PM, santaclaws01 said:

4.7 *Carve a Path – Can [...cut...]

Thanks ! 😅

In which FAQ it is? Just to know...

So, if I read this right, basically the effect originated by the strategy marker's push is friendly to the model that triggers the push, independently by the alignment of the marker itself...

Is that correct?

18 hours ago, SunTsu said:

Thanks ! 😅

In which FAQ it is? Just to know...

The official one? What are you asking?

18 hours ago, SunTsu said:

So, if I read this right, basically the effect originated by the strategy marker's push is friendly to the model that triggers the push, independently by the alignment of the marker itself...

Is that correct?

That is what the FAQ is saying yes.