Henchman hardcore - Outcasts

GothOctopus

Hello there, I'm just starting to get in to Malifaux. I have played 4-5 games, all various modes, one full game. I'd like to discuss Henchman harcore a bit playing as outcasts. I read some other topics in this forum on Henchman Hardcore and they all look like they are pre errata.

1) Most suggest the hodgepodge effigy with effigy of fate, since it used to not cost stones in HH.

2)A lot of suggestions for Rusty Alyce before her movement was lowered to 4

3)A lot of suggestions for Midnight Stalker before his nerfs

Other than accounting for these things, Im looking for suggestions for how many support characters you should take. Any other suggestions for an excellent outcast crew would be appreicated.

Thanks!

Big Jake is a good hire in my experience, since he can carry a marker quite safely. Even out of keyword he feels really reasonable. 

In fact there was a really mean build I went with once that was Nix led crew with an upgraded Effigy, Obedient Wretch, and Big Jake with Soldier for Hire. Most crews in the format don't have great tools for scoring Vendetta with Cost 5 or less models, and none of your cheap models are easy to kill. It is a bit tricky to get your first point on the board though so maybe Soldier for Hire should really be Servant of Dark Powers on someone for an easier Turn 1 explosive drop.

Some days ago in Russia was a little tournament 50SS but without Masters. Outcasts leaded by Alyce has won.

New Rusty Alyce Crew (Outcasts)
Size: 50 - Pool: 10
Leader:
  Rusty Alyce
    Servant of Dark Powers
Totem(s):
  Hodgepodge Effigy
    Effigy of Fate
Hires:
  Scavenger
  Scavenger 2
  Scavenger 3