Helping my son get into Malifaux

drafterman

My son has always been tangentially interested in Malifaux, watching me play with my bodies, and has finally bit the bullet and asked for some so he can join in.

He's fascinated with the zombies, and bought the Asura Zombie box, as well as the Grave Golem Bone Piles box.

What are some good Masters to recommend for him with this models?

We have a Yan Lo box on the way because he was initially intrigued by the Ten Thunders at first but I think got distracted by the Resurrectionists. He is mostly choosing things based how they look, since he doesn't have a sense of what might make a good crew. I want to try and help him along but Rezzers aren't my faction.

1 hour ago, drafterman said:

My son has always been tangentially interested in Malifaux, watching me play with my bodies, and has finally bit the bullet and asked for some so he can join in.

He's fascinated with the zombies, and bought the Asura Zombie box, as well as the Grave Golem Bone Piles box.

What are some good Masters to recommend for him with this models?

We have a Yan Lo box on the way because he was initially intrigued by the Ten Thunders at first but I think got distracted by the Resurrectionists. He is mostly choosing things based how they look, since he doesn't have a sense of what might make a good crew. I want to try and help him along but Rezzers aren't my faction.

Yan Lo can be played as a resser too.

But if you want stuff that works well with all the corpse models, either reva 1 or mcmourning 2 would be a good bet.

3 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yan Lo can be played as a resser too.

But if you want stuff that works well with all the corpse models, either reva 1 or mcmourning 2 would be a good bet.

Thank you for the suggestion! I did see that Yan Lo was dual faction, but did not know if he would work well with asura/zombies or grave golem/bones particularly.

Do you have any tips for using the corpse models with Reva 1 or McMourning 2?

3 minutes ago, drafterman said:

Thank you for the suggestion! I did see that Yan Lo was dual faction, but did not know if he would work well with asura/zombies or grave golem/bones particularly.

Do you have any tips for using the corpse models with Reva 1 or McMourning 2?

Reva 1 produces corpses,  and throw in a restless spirit or asura and she will have so many corpses the bone piles can teleport all over the battlefield. Grave golem can also throw corpses at people and then Reva can attack through them.

Mcmourning 2 doesn't make much in regards to corpses, but he can copy them. But Asura can make corpses from the zombies so it'd work out fine. Mcmourning can also draw cards from corpses.

Heads up - a lot of these models aren't super top tier, but they're very fun.