Help Transitioning to 3e

Phototoxin

Hu Wyrdos,

I recently managed to sort out most of my 2e malifaux stuff. I notice that most stuff is tied to key words now. I have a random old copppellius for example that I would often run with my Pandora for terror related eyeball plucking fun but i notice he's now more or less fixed into the dreamer crew.

I realise Lilith and the gravedigger guy are dead and similarly it's harder to mix and match stuff. 

So rather than list every master and miniature i have i was wondering if anyone had any general ideas for how to organise or sort stuff?

In particular I'm struggling with my Lucius l as I have a lot of guild stuff (riflemen, old metal Sgt, 2 lawyers, 2 guild guard and Sgt Dashel) and it seems he can hardly use any Guild stuff. Whereas my sonnia criid is 100% useable as is.

Ditto with my resurrectionists, i have a lot of university stuff so I guess i need to buy prof von schtook to use them properly? Similarly with Leveticus as he used to be able to take a tonne of undead stuff and 3 waifs but now I'm down to two!

My neverborn are a hodgepodge mix as mentioned, I have the old metal nekema and terror tots, a leilu and a black blood shaman which seem to go together. The stitched ones an alips and copellius suggest I finally need to invest in a dreamer gang (oh no!!)

Killjoy is fey and I have zero other fey, worth the +1 SS?

PSX_20221008_094149.jpg

The easiest way to organise in M3, is by keyword. If you get the crew builder then you can search by keyword to get everything from that keyword, or look at the new cards for all the models you own to see what they are.

As you've seen you can hire out of keyword so you could still hire copellius  with Pandora if you wanted, although she is more about conditions now than wp duels so there is less connection.  

Whilst you don't have a lot of the lucius guild stuff, you do have some, and he can also be neverborn.  You do have quite a bit of the Dashel guard keyword with what used to be Lucius' models. 

2 hours ago, Adran said:

The easiest way to organise in M3, is by keyword. If you get the crew builder then you can search by keyword to get everything from that keyword, or look at the new cards for all the models you own to see what they are.

As you've seen you can hire out of keyword so you could still hire copellius  with Pandora if you wanted, although she is more about conditions now than wp duels so there is less connection.  

Whilst you don't have a lot of the lucius guild stuff, you do have some, and he can also be neverborn.  You do have quite a bit of the Dashel guard keyword with what used to be Lucius' models. 

Thanks for replying to my rambling!

I have been extensively playing with the app. It's freaking brilliant. I was hoping there was one of the old style upgrades "can hire models from X faction with Y keyword" (like how old Leveticus cut could take any undead or any construct) so I think my Lucius is a bit alone 

I guess do people tend to stick to versatile+ keyword or is it worth splashing the +1 cost for the odd guild rifleman or everyone's favourite Cthulhu eyeball plucking connoisseur? I realise the synergy isn't there but I mean in bigger games?

Edited by Phototoxin
typos

1 hour ago, Phototoxin said:

Thanks for replying to my rambling!

I have been extensively playing with the app. It's freaking brilliant. I was hoping there was one of the old style upgrades "can hire models from X faction with Y keyword" (like how old Leveticus cut take any undead or any construct) so I think my Lucius is a bit alone 

I guess do people tend to stick to versatile+ keyword or is it worth splashing the +1 cost for the odd guild rifleman or everyone's favourite cthluhu eyeball plucking connesseur? I realise the synergy isn't there but I mean in bigger games?

One of the big things of this edition was the reduction of hiring pools, so there is none of the old leviticus, or Marcus hiring pools. 

Hiring ook is not a huge problem.  I do it fairly often to get something that does what I need for my plan. To be honest, I  the past 10 years of playing I can probably count on 1 hand the number of games that would have had if a different outcome if 1 side had an extra stone to spend, so don't worry about it. 

• Thanks 1