Crew recommendations to entice new players

Purzel

I am planning on using my ridiculously large collection of Malifaux minis to finally convince some old mates to play (I am a collector only, atm).

Which masters (I am planning on taking max. 3 with me) do you recommend for some balanced battles for absolute beginners that might entice them to keep playing? They are not too keen on Vassal right now, more looking for a casual gaming night.

Kind regards

Purzel

I’ve found summoners to be bad for introduction matches, combating summons is not newbie friendly. Reva and Colette have worked well though, summoning an insignificant totem hasn’t had the same negative impact as real summoners.

Anything that gives positives to damage flips has also be a little anti-fun. I’ve tried Asami while not summoning, but flicker tokens were a bit much for newbies to enjoy on the receiving end.

I’ve mainly used the Viks and Rasputina for intros. Imo, the best beginner games use masters that introduce various types of movement/marker use and lack heavy card draw or +damage twists (to include lots of Focus).

Thank you very much for the advice. I'd have gone with Collette, Perdita and the Viktorias, but one of my friends wants a rematch of our first and only game which happened years ago.

So it'll be McMourning (I know, summons, but hey) and Misaki and some versatile optionals.