Introduction

Adrian Bell

Hi all.  

Newish here but have been lurking for a while.  Based in Sydney Australia.

Have been semi active on the official discord for a while.   Due to the covid issues in the last two years I've only managed one 30 stone game since I started.  At the time I had started one crew and painted one figure.  Currently I've got a fully painted crew (Nelly), two partly painted crews (Hamelin and Youko) and two entirely unpainted (Sonnia and Mccabe) plus a bunch of bits and pieces from a job lot.  Obviously I have gone all in without really trying out the game yet :)

20211123_215809.jpg

I am not the worlds greatest painter - but I get by.  (I just got another pack of the reporters cheap - I stuffed up the assembly of one and even though it's fully painted now it annoys me - so I'm going to re-do it). 

Ulterior motive - I'm trying to get up the 10 posts so that I can actually see the competition in the flower and rain competition.  :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Adrian Bell said:

Hi all.  

Newish here but have been lurking for a while.  Based in Sydney Australia.

Have been semi active on the official discord for a while.  Decided to enter the rain and flowers comp (as I just happened to be painting Youko's crew with flowers when it started) and joined here to do it.  

Due to the covid issues in the last two years I've only managed one 30 stone game since I started.  At the time I had started one crew and painted one figure.  Currently I've got a fully painted crew (Nelly), two partly painted crews (Hamelin and Youko) and two entirely unpainted (Sonnia and Mccabe) plus a bunch of bits and pieces from a job lot.  Obviously I have gone all in without really trying out the game yet :)

20211123_215809.jpg

I am not the worlds greatest painter - but I get by.  (I just got another pack of the reporters cheap - I stuffed up the assembly of one and even though it's fully painted now it annoys me - so I'm going to re-do it). 

Ulterior motive - I'm trying to get up the 10 posts so that I can actually see the competition in the flower and rain competition.  :)

Welcome! :D  Good to see a fellow McCabe owner (I main McCabe). I might just have a hunch on which entry might be yours, good luck! :)

The images seem to be broken, something went wrong with the upload. Care to check it? I'm interested in seeing how you paint, might learn something from you!

27 minutes ago, DemiMurgos said:

Welcome! :D  Good to see a fellow McCabe owner (I main McCabe). I might just have a hunch on which entry might be yours, good luck! :)

The images seem to be broken, something went wrong with the upload. Care to check it? I'm interested in seeing how you paint, might learn something from you!

Odd.  I uploaded from pc and can view it on my phone.  I can try another method but not for a day or two.   Does anyone else have this issue?

20 minutes ago, Adrian Bell said:

Odd.  I uploaded from pc and can view it on my phone.  I can try another method but not for a day or two.   Does anyone else have this issue?

I can see 3 images. The plague, the outcast and the qi and gong in another post. I'm looking on a phone. 

I don't know what the problem is, but I don't think it's your upload. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Adran said:

I can see 3 images. The plague, the outcast and the qi and gong in another post. I'm looking on a phone. 

I don't know what the problem is, but I don't think it's your upload. 

I have checked from my company laptop (probably image blocked), my own laptop (same issue) but can see it on mobile. Weird at its best. o.o

@Adrian Bell Love the flesh tones on all of them and Nyx looks came out delightfully disturbing. :D 

5 hours ago, DemiMurgos said:

I have checked from my company laptop (probably image blocked), my own laptop (same issue) but can see it on mobile. Weird at its best. o.o

@Adrian Bell Love the flesh tones on all of them and Nyx looks came out delightfully disturbing. :D 

Thank you for that!  I actually still have a second nix (that one is m1e and I also have the 3e box) still to paint.  I'm a bit of an old school gamer and really like the old metal figures.  

The flesh is mostly brown and reddish brown washes plus the now extinct nocturna fairy flesh set.

• Like 1