Need help identifying some old metal minis [non Wyrd]

Diddick

Hi there!   I hope it's ok, to post questions related to the hobby, even if they are non wyrd, sorry in advance if it's not 🙏

I recently got in my hands a bunch of 2nd hand minis, and I’ve been trying to identify them. I’ve managed quite well except for those 3

ToVTrOY.jpg

(The one on the top is missing what i guess is a blade?)

If it helps, in the same lot there were some early-mid 90s vampire counts, some Mithril LoTR, and some grenadier minis that i managed to identify (mithril and grenadier had references on the base, citadel ones i went through a bunch of old catalogs on the stuff of legends…).  Judging by the release dates of the other minis, those might be late 80s early 90s, but I’m not 100% sure.

But I've been searching for days, and spent hours in tSoL and miniatures workshop i still have no clue about those 3 guys :( 

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!!!

31 minutes ago, Diddick said:

Hi there!   I hope it's ok, to post questions related to the hobby, even if they are non wyrd, sorry in advance if it's not 🙏

I recently got in my hands a bunch of 2nd hand minis, and I’ve been trying to identify them. I’ve managed quite well except for those 3

ToVTrOY.jpg

(The one on the top is missing what i guess is a blade?)

If it helps, in the same lot there were some early-mid 90s vampire counts, some Mithril LoTR, and some grenadier minis that i managed to identify (mithril and grenadier had references on the base, citadel ones i went through a bunch of old catalogs on the stuff of legends…).  Judging by the release dates of the other minis, those might be late 80s early 90s, but I’m not 100% sure.

But I've been searching for days, and spent hours in tSoL and miniatures workshop i still have no clue about those 3 guys :( 

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!!!

I did a quick search and I'm certain the skelly guy is from Citadel's 90's miniatures series, because there is a '92 wraith that has the exact same skull medallion. The rest are also really ye olde Citadel-like shapes.

I'm trying to find the exact figure you are picturing, but here is a reference to what I have found (an entry on Ebay):

s-l500.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the tip!! I really checked all the citadel catalogs from early 80s up to 2000 and didn't see it, There's a chance i've missed it, will recheck, but all the other citadel minis in the lot where easily found or recognized by hobby friends & aquitances i asked before jumping into the forums 🤔

Here's the link to the old catalogs, if anyone is curious:

http://www.solegends.com/citadel/catindex.htm

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Diddick said:

Thanks for the tip!! I really checked all the citadel catalogs from early 80s up to 2000 and didn't see it, There's a chance i've missed it, will recheck, but all the other citadel minis in the lot where easily found or recognized by hobby friends & aquitances i asked before jumping into the forums 🤔

Here's the link to the old catalogs, if anyone is curious:

http://www.solegends.com/citadel/catindex.htm

I am checking Lost Minis Wiki during work to find references (looking for the skeleton first because that is the most distinct) and it's missing from the '92 collection, picturewise. Citadel is really suspicious to me because of the shape of the skulls and I have found almost the exact same sword mould on another model (horns for hilt, but skull embellishment and pummel are the same, also the shape of the blade indicates similarities in the cast mould). I'll edit in the pic once I find it again.

Maybe it's a promotional piece or it belongs to a board game? I remember we had some metal figures for boardgames back in the '90s. 

1 hour ago, DemiMurgos said:

I am checking Lost Minis Wiki during work to find references (looking for the skeleton first because that is the most distinct) and it's missing from the '92 collection, picturewise. Citadel is really suspicious to me because of the shape of the skulls and I have found almost the exact same sword mould on another model (horns for hilt, but skull embellishment and pummel are the same, also the shape of the blade indicates similarities in the cast mould). I'll edit in the pic once I find it again.

Maybe it's a promotional piece or it belongs to a board game? I remember we had some metal figures for boardgames back in the '90s. 

Wow, that's some CSI level analysis  😮 

you seem pretty convinced, I'll look again on late 80s, early 90s citadel for the skeleton, thx!

About the hooded guy, the closest i got was this one:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:RP-98-003a.jpg&printable=yes

"hooded guy with a runesword", very similar, i thought it might be different editions of the same mini, but no luck on that either

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diddick said:

Wow, that's some CSI level analysis  😮 

you seem pretty convinced, I'll look again on late 80s, early 90s citadel for the skeleton, thx!

About the hooded guy, the closest i got was this one:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:RP-98-003a.jpg&printable=yes

"hooded guy with a runesword", very similar, i thought it might be different editions of the same mini, but no luck on that either

"Occupational hazard" from my days as a journalist. :D Besides, detective work like this is fun. I'll keep looking around!

• Haha 1

Here's an update, someone in another forum with a very good eye pointed me in the right direction and found 2 of them:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:Heartbreaker-fantazy-celliot-5015.jpg

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:Heartbreaker-Earthdawn-310A.jpg

Both are Heartbreaker minis, and for what i've seen in the range, i think that the skeleton guy is too, very similar position/face as other minis in the same range.

I'll keep looking ^^

• Like 1