Society vs Hoffmann.... and Arcanists in general

Gheist

Hey guys,

after like 20-25 games in the society i am fairly happy (and either i am not the kind of powergamer but idon't feel that ES are any better than my other factions)

But i got a general question about how to pick into:

1) Acranists... I feel like Kaeris Hoffmann and Mei Feng shut down a lot of my choices (Cooper and Anya for sure, don't know about McCabe). Especially the Chance of running into Hoffmann 2 kind of makes me think to nearly always go with Seeker and Jedza1.

2) Hoffmann specifically... i don't like the Matchup with any Crew so maybe personal weakspot, but even with hiring Kiya OOK, with the new enforcer he shuts down so many things i can do against him, and if my opponent merely flips moderately average i feel like having a disadvantage.

NOW, before answering: I am not complaining about Hoffmann or arcanists, i am just struggling and looking for advice before putting in some more games against them.

and Symbols of Authority in general: I think McCabe is nice but otherwise?

appreciate advice :D

McCabe might be worth looking into. Precise upgrade ignores armor and hard to wound. Multiple Depths of Malifaux models to ignore hazardous. And of course Beebe and Calypso ignore hazardous as well so may be worth trying out.

Sidir can 2-shot Howard Langston for example if he doesn't have Soulstone Cache. Or Peacekeeper. Or Metal golem. Or whatever.

Also Desper Laraux can steal their soulstones, which can be very helpful since Arcanists like to use soulstones. Desper also has built-in armor ignore.

I imagine English Ivan and Cadmus are good into Arcanists just off the back of generic power.

McCabe is also able to handle pretty much any pool, which is handy.

6 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

McCabe might be worth looking into. Precise upgrade ignores armor and hard to wound. Multiple Depths of Malifaux models to ignore hazardous. And of course Beebe and Calypso ignore hazardous as well so may be worth trying out.

Sidir can 2-shot Howard Langston for example if he doesn't have Soulstone Cache. Or Peacekeeper. Or Metal golem. Or whatever.

Also Desper Laraux can steal their soulstones, which can be very helpful since Arcanists like to use soulstones. Desper also has built-in armor ignore.

I imagine English Ivan and Cadmus are good into Arcanists just off the back of generic power.

McCabe is also able to handle pretty much any pool, which is handy.

Also kind of handy as i am Painting McCabe at the Moment, but yeah seems to be worth a try. Don't see Peacekeeper or Howard without SS Cache though :)

Yeah Ivan can do most things, but Hoff has such an easy Access to + Flips, which ignores a lot of stuf i like to do to him. I think Jedza could hold out against Hoffmann but i lack the experience of playing her so far.

I am not comfortable with playing nexus with a clock yet ;) that needs more practice.

Thanks for the thoughts again 👍