Malifaux 3E review after probably 100+ games. (it's shawn post time)

ooshawn

If you don't like bubble crews, just don't play em, I don't, but plenty of people quite enjoy em

but the way I see it malifaux has a number of standard ranges for auras but i think alot of it has to do with giving your opponent counterplay 

3 for the truly terrible terrible, having a bunch of 3" auras (like bayou bash) basically pits you in shockwave distance permenantly or if an enemy is in range of the model your buffing your unlikely to be far off (among many other notes ofc but brevity)

6 is probably the most important because it's the peak of a lot of actions and abilities, at 6 you are within almost every models charge range (5 mv + "1 melee) if you are buffing a model and someone with a standard gun (12") is within 6 of that you are still in range so both ways you can't just have that aura up without having some risk to the model with the aura(theoretically ofc, LOS rules can hinder ranged, also brevity)

8+ most attack ranges drop off, you have significantly more room to utalize terrain, ect, just increasing a lot of the auras to 8 without touching much else would likely take a lot from malifaux regardless of how "tedious" 6" can see, atleast, I'd think so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fire5tone said:

8+ most attack ranges drop off, you have significantly more room to utalize terrain, ect, just increasing a lot of the auras to 8 without touching much else would likely take a lot from malifaux regardless of how "tedious" 6" can see, atleast, I'd think so.

I think it would slightly break the game. I personally enjoy playing bubble Crews a lot, but you have to like both sides of the coin, one side where your positioning is good enough so your bubble works and you win by a lot or the other side, where your bubble falls apart and you get kicked around by your opponent.

I think it's one of the good things that setting up auras puts your models in danger, makes it fun and engaging to do. If i could set up the Nellie or Jack Daw Bubble without effort the games would be pretty one sided. Personal opinion though.

• Like 1