Any in-faction ways to generate scrap markers?

Zombified Kiwi

I want to run Weaver with the Dreamer and I want to focus on her making puppets.
However from what I'm seeing (barring using scrap from your own killed puppets or stuffing counters) there are no reliable ways to generate scrap markers.

Is there something I missed or do I just need to keep Weaver near dying stuff to keep pooping out puppets?

Keeping Widow Weaver near dying models is often your best bet for that. Don't forget that she's a Nightmare model within 6 of herself so if you really need a Stitched you can tenderize an enemy model with one of your beaters then have WW pop up near it and finish it off to grab a stuffing token. The Nightmare crew has enough killing power that stuffing tokens aren't too hard to get. 

Otherwise, your best sources are bringing some disposable Wicked Dolls or bringing Zoraida as a second Master to summon and explode the Voodoo Doll.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, ThreeBatts said:

I was hoping there was a reliable way to generate scrap without putting the weaver in the line of fire, but I guess I'll just have to practice keeping her safe.
While I hadn't considered Mama Z I agree that the voodoo doll a turn would be helpful.
Is it really worth 15 stones for a single scrap a turn though?

Zoraida is generally a powerful package - three good attacks (against willpower no less), can draw 6 cards, generate scrap, or use the voodoo doll as an actual voodoo doll.

It is a pretty spectacular engine! That said, with the summoning changes it may be a bit overkill, and perhaps is a better combo to do with Zoraida (just hire a widow weaver in a Zoraida-led crew).