Euripedes et al Base Sizes

Bhusus

Good day all; looking at customizing some bases for Malifaux but I can't seem to find information on base sizes. Specifically looking at Euripedes and his ilk as they all seem to be much larger than human so the 32mm heroic scale info isn't helping me too much right now...

• Like 1

That's excellent! Welcome to Malifaux! Definitely take a look at the official app if you haven't yet, its free and really helpful when you're starting out. Also, if you're designing basses do note that the measurements are the size of the bottom of the base. The inner lips are smaller ~25mm for a 30mm, ~33mm for a 40mm, and ~40mm for a 50mm.   

12 hours ago, Bhusus said:

For inner lips, you mean the top part correct? As they curve out and get bigger at the bottom?

Yes. The base size should refer to the footprint of the base. If you are using a base insert then the section inside the top of the 30mm base is about 25mm. Of course you can build on top of the base and not just in the submerged section. I would try to not overhang the foot print where possible, the game does require base to base contact at times, but an occasional overhang can be worked around most of the time. (And if not a proxy base to stand in when you are all very close can be handy) (Some Wyrd sculpts will overhang themselves anyway)

• Like 1