Good for a laugh with Fuhatsu

Vessien

Hi!

I have tried the combination of bringing Sensei Yu and Fuhatsu together in order to make S. Yu hit Fuhatsu (just for the lols, you know ^^'), and draw cards with the printed tome declaring the trigger Good for a laugh.

What to say... It felt just really strong. And I was wondering, how do you guys counter it? Do you feel it is balanced?

BTW, credit for the idea to @Legislat, I saw it ln a vassal game in youtube and seemed like a good trick to try.

• Like 1

Yeah, I use both pretty frequently. Usually I will have Yu Wind Blast him up the board - best if you have a Tome for the extra movement- then charge him and punch him for the card draw.

Usually with HtW and Armor, Fuhatsu only ends up taking 1 damage from each which are easy to heal up with a LRM or Juggernaut. 

Yu usually makes a Student fast too for Shenlong to transfer to Fuhatsu. The Wind Blast helps position Fuhatsu so he doesn’t have to spend AP walking and gets some card draw plus helps Yu move up the board some without just wasting AP walking too. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

That sounds like a good one too and adds more versatility to it, I'll give it a try.

The fast piece would have to be done in a Shenlong crew I assume (I did it with Misaki), but Fuhatsu with fast, focus and a loaded hand sounds like a strong start.

Do you feel like it is risky in any cases? I mean, first turn it is pretty much a safe bet, but what about later? Is it worth to keep on doing it or are there too many mobile gears to acomplish it?

And to counter it I feel like you have to put pressure on any of the gears, killing the LRM maybe? Threaten it with some blasting?

9 hours ago, Vessien said:

Do you feel like it is risky in any cases? I mean, first turn it is pretty much a safe bet, but what about later? Is it worth to keep on doing it or are there too many mobile gears to acomplish it?

usually it’s a first turn play with me. Occasionally I end up in a situation where I may do it again Turn 4/5 if circumstances are right but more often than not I need Shenlong doing other things. 

First turn Shenlong often isn’t able to start really getting engaged so unless I need him to deliver the coup de grâce to a critical target that someone else has softened up then transferring his actions over to Fuhatsu give a greater threat range so you can take out a key model first turn and start gaining some advantages. 

Sometimes in later turns I still end up Wind Blasting Fuhatsu  or Four Winds Punching him around with the Students just to extend his threat range or getting him in position to use all his AP on shooting or other actions instead of walking. This frequently occurs late game where you have cleared/control key areas but still need to reach out and kill that scheme runner or wounded  mode on the fringes.

Beyond first turn if I am using Spiritual Alignment with Shenlong it is to steal conditions from my opponent or move bad conditions onto their models. If I am transferring Fast from a Monk to someone else at that point it is usually to the Lone Swordsman instead of Fuhatsu as I can afford to double transfer to get Focus and Fast on him and a Fast Lone Swordsman with Last Breath up and Adaptive Rams can be a pretty huge threat. 

9 hours ago, Vessien said:

And to counter it I feel like you have to put pressure on any of the gears, killing the LRM maybe? Threaten it with some blasting?

Not too much can unless they can spot remove you conditions between Shenlong’s activation and Fuhatsu’s activation. 

The LRM isn’t really a weak point- with Armor and Hard to Wound he usually isn’t taking much damage from Yu’s attach and Wind Blast (1 pt each) and with Juggernaut he can heal that up without the LRM. Also if you set Shenlong in LRS then the Students can heal also though usually you forgo this first turn with at least one of them to be the battery for Focus and Fast for Fuhatsu. If Shenlong is in WRS then they can Four Wind Punch to move him around.

• Thanks 1