Errata on "actions generated by triggers" new text vs defensive triggers question

JemmyVonJude

Question

Hi, probably a stupid newbie question but I gotta ask since this text in the March 2020 errata confuses me even more.

Pg 12. Actions Generated by Triggers Callout – Paragraph 2 Change the text of the paragraph to: “Actions generated by Triggers (and any subsequent Actions generated) cannot declare Triggers, and like other generated Actions, they do not count against a model’s Action limit.”

So, I wonder, if I play for instance Tony Ironsides, and that an opponent uses a generated attack that cannot declare triggers, does my defense declares triggers or does it also prevents it, as being subsequent ?
In other words, can Tony use her trigger DF:Good shot, my turn on a generated attack ?

2 answers to this question

50 minutes ago, JemmyVonJude said:

Hi, probably a stupid newbie question but I gotta ask since this text in the March 2020 errata confuses me even more.

So, I wonder, if I play for instance Tony Ironsides, and that an opponent uses a generated attack that cannot declare triggers, does my defense declares triggers or does it also prevents it, as being subsequent ?
In other words, can Tony use her trigger DF:Good shot, my turn on a generated attack ?

The words "Actions generated by Triggers ... cannot declare Triggers" actually means "Models that are performing an Action that was generated by a Trigger ... cannot declare Triggers."  You can probably blame TOS's trigger mechanics for why the wording here isn't as clear as it could be.  😕 

In other words, that statement doesn't do anything to prevent Defensive Triggers being used.