Engineer's artifical soulstone in TTB2E

Corbeau

I used the search function of the forum but it didn't turnup anything usefull. Also the FAQ which has a couple of changes of the 2E integrated into the older books didn't turn out to be helpfull in that specific case. So here are the questions i have concerning the Artifical Soulstone (from here on out abreviated as AS):

As the soulstone mechanics got reworked the Lade 3 AS obviously doesn't hold 5 charges/souls anymore or does it because it's not a soulstone?

Can it still be recharged using enchanting + charm without the need of something dieing next to it?

And can it still recharge by siphoning magic out of the surrounding air ?

Imho I would give the AS only one charge but leave the old mechanics of self recharging and charging via (now) enchanting in place as it gives the engineer pursuit something to look forward to.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

On 5/26/2020 at 7:09 AM, Corbeau said:

Can it still be recharged using enchanting + charm without the need of something dieing next to it?

I don't think that "enchanting + charm" to charge a soul stone from your own energy mechanic still exists in the game.

Otherwise, I think the FAQ/edition change errata left the artificial soul stone device alone because it both says what it does, and it's a Step 10 benefit.  I'd be inclined to even let the device still be able to store and accumulate five charges, unlike a real soul stone.

I would, however, just ignore the bit about the scrip value of the artificial soul stone.  It's an artificial device which stops working if the person who built it makes a second one.  That's something that shouldn't have a sale value.  

Thanks for your input.

I don't think that "enchanting + charm" to charge a soul stone from your own energy mechanic still exists in the game.

I know, but maybe because it's artifical device?

I have to say that I find the current mechanic of the soulstones a bit undervelming.

I would, however, just ignore the bit about the scrip value of the artificial soul stone.  It's an artificial device which stops working if the person who built it makes a second one.  That's something that shouldn't have a sale value.  

I would allow my players to sell it. It just will bring them a ton of trouble if they make a new one, because if someone shells out that amount of scrip, they will be quite pissed if the thing stops working. ;)

I agree that i'd like the thing to be quite powerful as a Step 10 benefit.