Mikes' Adventures into Ressers

Mikes

So I thought I'd catalogue my (slow) expansion from Guild to Ressers. Having played Guild in M2E I jumped in for the nightmare Molly crew and have already gotten enough models to put together a Seamus crew also. So I though I'd use this thread to go over my games and collect my thoughts.

So, let's start off my with first game, which was actually a while ago, so memory will fail me quite a lot.

I was facing a guy playing Misaki. I know him quite well from Malifaux and other games, and know he's a capable player and, worse for me, has only played Misaki in M3E, so he knew his crew inside and out. I can't remember hescheme pool, but it was a standard deployment Turf War. he took Deliver a Message and the one where you have to drop scheme markers in the corners, I took Deliver a Message and something I never acheived and can't remember.

My crew was:

Molly

Mariner

Rogue necromancy

Archie

Carrion Emirssary

Forgotten Marshallw/Whisper

2 x Croolings

4 ss

He took:

Misaki

Shang

Ototo

Dawn Serpent

Samurai

Tanuki

Torokage

Some chicken guy.

I can't remember how many SS.... could have been none.

This was very much a learning game for me, and I lost comprehensively (plus he's a good player). I made a big mistake beforehand misunderstanding Molly's ability to have minions activate twice, which lead to a less than stellar deployment choice, which was made worse by the scenery crowing the centre point, which became more crowded as Archie, the Emissary and Ototo all charged in and th Emissary started dropping 50mm markers everywhere.

The lessons I took from this was not to try and be cute and send the Rogue Nec on a wide flanking manouvre against an enemy who can just flit away. Had I swapped Archie for RN I could ahve used his Leap to jump over scenery and actually box his beaters in.

Another lesson. Also, this was the firs game I had actual scheme runner (I came from Guild, remember?) and i fumbled them a little bit, not exactly sure how ot use them.

Also, I fell in love with the Skellywags when one walked through a Torokage like it wasn't even there.

Man of the match went to one my my summoned Mindless Zombies, who managed to kill the Samurai with two red joker damage flips in the same round. He has been named Jeff in honour of his acheivement.

Another lesson, learnt after the fact, was the two Mindless Zombies Archie threw should have remianed on their feet and carried on killing after being being thrown. I played it as if they were removed from play, although that wouldn't have made any real difference ot the game.

OK, game two:

Last night I played against a Outcast player bring the Viks. I played the same list as above, and he brought (from memory):

Viks x 2 

Big Jake

Raelor

Ronin

Desperate Mercanary

... several others, mostly henchmen. Pics are below so feel free to fill in the blanks. And 6ss

It was a wedge deployment Turf War, I took Leylines and Dig their graves, my opponent took Leylines and Deliver a message.

This game was much more straight forward for me now I knew what each model coudl do. It descended very quickly to a scrum in the middle of the board. I had a big scare in T2 when both the Emissary was taken down to no loss to the Viks, with Archie going down not long after. The Rogue Nec went also in T3.

However, in that scrum I found the useless of a wall of Terrfying. He lost perhaps half of the Terrifying flips, and cheated about of those he lost, putting himona  real back foot. 

It became a real bloodfest in the middle (pick below with all the corpse markers), which I hoped for as he foucsed so much on my big guys the Crooligans ran merrily around, By Your Siding like no business, to drop scheme markers for leylines, adn the Forgotten Marshall Brinnging in a steady supply of Skellywags to replace my steadily dying beaters in the centre, one of which took down a Vik on his own in one turn thanks to Flurry, free focus and Molly making him activate a sceond time.

The game ended as a 4-2 victory for me, me scoring twice on leylines, once on Deliver and once on the strat, and my opponant scoring twice on the strat.

On turn 3 it could have gone either way. What swung it for me was the Mariner, red Jokering a healing flip on the Rogue Nec, taking him from 1 wound to 7 and forcing another round of beating to take it down, and also having Cealess Advance on T3, allowing him to push, hit someone, and killing them with the Poison Trigger, flipping one Strat Marker before scoring and forcing my opponent to run back and re-flip it.

Thinking back, it was the Mariner's RJ healing flip, the massed Terrifying, and the Mrshall's steady summoning which really won it for me. I'm fairy happy with this crew set up and think it's fairly flexible, however I'm keen to give McMourning a go as a second master, dropping the Emissary and.... something else. I'm not sure what I coudldropa  croolingn and some SS, or I could drop the Marshall, although his summoning is very useful. I suppose I decide on the day.

6ZUvuf7.jpg

dqAJyYA.jpg

hhs2bdc.jpg

BddO1p0.jpg

4kaaogj.jpg

BQnnliC.jpg

Sounds like you're picking up Molly fast!

She has super efficient scheming, so you want to tie up the enemy and then use some of your forces to just smash the VPs (or sometimes the other way around. On plant it is usually plant, then disrupt).

One tip about Archie: he is a scheme runner first, beater second in my view (at least, before the errata, unsure now). He will really seal games when he is scoring points or killing enemy schemers, but he dies fast in brawls.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

One tip about Archie: he is a scheme runner first, beater second in my view (at least, before the errata, unsure now). He will really seal games when he is scoring points or killing enemy schemers, but he dies fast in brawls.

Yeah, O played the game yesterday with the old version of Archie as GG1 dropped like three hours before. As soon as I read the new card on the way home I was very sad. For me at least he'll play as i 've used him for the past two games, but I can see how his mobilty is really going to impact his versatility.