McCabe activations?

Mr Luck 333

I've read on other threads about the artifact interaction, namely the spamming fast to whole crew. My question is the way I read the " take this" action is "chose an artifact upgrade attached to this model. Friendly minion or wastrel only. Attach the chosen Upgrade to the target."  

It says nothing about discarding the artifact,so the artifact stays attached. Each artifact has plentiful (2). So you can really only pass fast to 2 models after Luna or Lucas. It seems like I'm understanding this right . That the only way to remove these upgrades is by the death of the model it's attached to or Lucas's"Careful,It's Cursed" action.  With a huckster dropping scrap for Lucas you can put out two artifacts a turn, and with a terracotta warrior close to Lucas you can remove 3 artifacts a turn. I feel like this is how the crew was possibly intended to operate. 

I'd love to be able to pass fast to my whole crew every turn but I just don't think that's how it works. Can someone who plays big tourneys or is in the know please clarify this interaction for me??? Thanks !!!  

Malifaux 3e !!!! Lovin It!!!

Since you choose a "artifact upgrade attached to this model", that specific upgrade (not another copy of it) is moved to the new target. You do not create a new copy of the upgrade and retain the one that is currently attached. As such, each model can continue passing those upgrades along in order to spread Fast throughout the crew.

4 hours ago, Myth said:

As such, each model can continue passing those upgrades along in order to spread Fast throughout the crew.

Ok, now I want a Nightmare edition McCabbe where he is a drug dealer and his "artifacts" are a "Dusty Mirror", "Timeworn syringe" and "Fantastic Bag"; plus the "Take this!" ability will be changed to "I want it back!"... but that would step too much on Lynch toes XDD

8 hours ago, Ogid said:

Ok, now I want a Nightmare edition McCabbe where he is a drug dealer and his "artifacts" are a "Dusty Mirror", "Timeworn syringe" and "Fantastic Bag"; plus the "Take this!" ability will be changed to "I want it back!"... but that would step too much on Lynch toes XDD

Naaaaah it's just one big family! Aaand Lynch would be grateful for free ride with me with his mv4.