What Masters are you using for what Schemes/Strategies?

Traceroute

I was just curious what masters everyone is using for what schemes and strategies? I have just been playing Wong a lot and he makes Harness the ley line and Power ritual trivial with his launch into space. So I got to wondering if other masters excelled at any specific scheme / strategy that I could look more into after I get Wong down a bit better. 

24 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

I only play Infamous & Tri-Chi, and Infamous is such a swiss army knife I have to make a conscious effort not to take them in every situation.

out of curiosity what kind of infamous lists do you play? generally I find them pretty hard to make crews for.

Generally I pick my crew more for strategy / opponents master / schemes but in a nutshell

Plant Explosives: Tricksy, rooster riders can get deep to drop bombs and pit traps can protect my bombs.

Turf War / Reckoning: Kin, I find they are pretty tanky to not give up points / markers and good at killing. Take a few fast models to grab markers or drop schemes

Corrupted Idols: Tri-Chi / Big Hat: Tri Chi have the healing and announce factor on getting the idols and Big Hat can summon fodder to annoy the opponent.

I also like Wong in Turf War / Reckoning depending on enemy master and schemes

A couple of my standard lists include:

Soul Stone Cache: 7
[Masters]
 - Captain Zipp, Leader
[Enforcers]
 - Lucky Emissary
 - Merris LaCroix
 - Earl Burns
[Minions]
 - Iron Skeeter
   + Tactical Trench Coat
 - Iron Skeeter
   + Twelve Cups of Coffee
 - Iron Skeeter
   + Twelve Cups of Coffee

========================

Soul Stone Cache: 2
[Masters]
 - Captain Zipp, Leader
[Henchmen]
 - Mancha Roja
   + Inferiority Complex
[Enforcers]
 - Earl Burns
 - Lucky Emissary
 - Whiskey Golem
[Minions]
 - Wrastler
 - Wrastler
 - Wrastler

==========================

The first one will get me anywhere on the table with a quickness; the second one is for any marker heavy masters (Rasputina, Titania, Mah, mirror Zipp).  I can take him in anything not Reckoning without an issue.

So in general I think our crews can handle most Strategies, its usually the combo of schemes and strats that determine the crew for me. For instance:

Zipp- Plant Explosives and Turf War when the schemes are Break through, Search, Power Ritual, Assassinate, Take Prisoner, Detonate Charges, Dig Graves. Because I know I can accomplish most of them and deny all of them

Big Hat- Any strat but where Harness, Claim Jump, Outflank, Dig Graves are present.

Zoraida- Cursed Idols, Plant Explosives, but also Assassinate, Vendetta, Take Prisoner, Detonate, Hold Forces, Deliver are in the pool. 

Brewmaster- Turf War, Reckoning, Cursed Idols but where Assassinate, Take Prisoner, Hold Forces, Dig Graves.

Tricksy- Any Strat and honestly almost any scheme at this point.

Kin- Turf War, Reckoning but also where Assassinate, Vendetta,  Claim Jump are in the pool

Sooey- Turf and Idols but where Harness, Dig Graves, Deliver a Message, Power Ritual, Breakthrough are present. 

Whizz-Bang- Turf and Plant but where any of the scheme marker heavy schemes are present 

This is a pretty basic list and isn't final by any means, but its the process I look at when I am determining a pool.  There are also some crews that have fairly hard counters in other factions so I won't always take a keyword even if it is good in that pool. Say for instance, Guild has SOnnia who will just massacre Somer so I won't bring Big Hat into Guild most times. But if I think a terrain heavy crew is coming my way I might grab Infamous for their access to terrain removal. 

• Like 3