Re entry to Malifaux

Ozz

So i have been away from the system for the majority of M2E & am back now, hopefully as heavily as i was for 1st ed.

I am starting with a slow grow league at my local store, which begins with a Hardcore Henchman game, but as i plan to use the dreamer, i am unfamiliar with a Henchman that would fit within the dreamer crew so do people have any advice for a simple thematic list that will evolve into a dreamer crew?

I will ofc check the book once/cards once they are available at my LGS but just wanting to see if there is a lot of new models i have missed for his crew to pay attention to :)

To help you better, could you you post the grow league rules and the Hardcore Henchman rules (summoning allowed? Free efigy?...).

Some quick thoughts:

• LCB as the leader would be the "safest", he will become a totem when Masters become avaliable so it won't condition your lists; plus he hit hard (but he lose a ton of mobility without the dreamer tho)
  • WW as the leader would give you unpararell mobility (if you also include bandersnatch) and summoning shenanigans, so if you plan to play avoiding your adversary and focusing in schemes she isn't a bad choice.
  • The carver is also good, but if picking him means he will be stuck in your team forever then choose him only if you really want him in your team; this leader would allow you to build towards Pandora instead of toward the dreamer (or towards a mixed crew Dreamer/Pandora)

So LCB would be the safest one.

11 hours ago, Ozz said:

So i have been away from the system for the majority of M2E & am back now, hopefully as heavily as i was for 1st ed.

I am starting with a slow grow league at my local store, which begins with a Hardcore Henchman game, but as i plan to use the dreamer, i am unfamiliar with a Henchman that would fit within the dreamer crew so do people have any advice for a simple thematic list that will evolve into a dreamer crew?

I will ofc check the book once/cards once they are available at my LGS but just wanting to see if there is a lot of new models i have missed for his crew to pay attention to :)

The dreamer probably hasn't had too many extra models added to his common options since first edition, so you probably don't need to go out and buy too many models. (Carver, Serna Bowman and Bandersnatch spring to mind as the only nightmares that weren't in the game in first edition)

There are 3 Nightmare Henchmen, Chompy,, Widow weaver and the Carver.

Chompy is the most obvious choice, as you will always use him when you play dreamer.

I'd consider something like

Chompy , Coppellius, Insidious madness, Stitched together. (Biggests downside is 0 cache.)