reckoning and buried models

Ravenard

Question

4 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Ravenard said:

Easy question: the buried models die at the end of the game but they count for reckoning too the last turn?

I don't believe so.

If a model is buried "at the end of the game" it dies.  

The sequence of the end phase is:

A.  Resolve Effects:  All "Until the End Phase" effects end, followed by "During the End Phase effects," neither of which covers buried models.

B.  Score VP:  Here's where you score for Strats and Schemes.

C.  Check for End of Game:  Only if the check results in the game ending do the buried models die, so they must have been alive when we scored VPs.

D.  Shuffle Discard Piles (not applicable if game ended, obviously).

So absent another rule that says buried models do count, which I didn't see under Reckoning, I don't think they would. 

14 minutes ago, LeperColony said:

I don't believe so.

If a model is buried "at the end of the game" it dies.  

The sequence of the end phase is:

A.  Resolve Effects:  All "Until the End Phase" effects end, followed by "During the End Phase effects," neither of which covers buried models.

B.  Score VP:  Here's where you score for Strats and Schemes.

C.  Check for End of Game:  Only if the check results in the game ending do the buried models die, so they must have been alive when we scored VPs.

D.  Shuffle Discard Piles (not applicable if game ended, obviously).

So absent another rule that says buried models do count, which I didn't see under Reckoning, I don't think they would. 

On Turn 5 you actually check for VP twice. Once at the end of the Turn, and once at the end of the game. (p 21 digital). So when you check for End of Game VP the buried models will have been killed. 

3 minutes ago, Mycellanious said:

On Turn 5 you actually check for VP twice. Once at the end of the Turn, and once at the end of the game. (p 21 digital). 

This is true, but does End of Game VP mean you score the turn 5 Strategy during this step and not during the Score VP step?  Because it doesn't say that, at least not anywhere I could find.

End of Game appears to refer to the Scheme "End of Game" scoring opportunity.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mycellanious said:

On Turn 5 you actually check for VP twice. Once at the end of the Turn, and once at the end of the game. (p 21 digital). So when you check for End of Game VP the buried models will have been killed. 

The rules for Check End of Game say "If the game ends, score "end of game" Victory Points". As such, no strategies have an end of game victory point, so they can't be scored now.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 2