Can Molly Remove Strategy Markers and/or Explosive Markers?

Mycellanious

Question

Lost Knowledge - Stat: 6    Rst: X    Tn: 12

Remove target Marker. Draw 2 cards

Rn I'd say that Molly can remove both Strategy Markers (Turf War Markers and Corrupted Idol Markers) and Explosive Markers because I dont see anything in the rules that says they can't be removed. I don't think I like this very much because it feels like Molly cant lose Plant Explosives or Corrupted Idols. 

9 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Mycellanious said:

Lost Knowledge - Stat: 6    Rst: X    Tn: 12

Remove target Marker. Draw 2 cards

Rn I'd say that Molly can remove both Strategy Markers (Turf War Markers and Corrupted Idol Markers) and Explosive Markers because I dont see anything in the rules that says they can't be removed. I don't think I like this very much because it feels like Molly cant lose Plant Explosives or Corrupted Idols. 

She cannot affect strategy markers. Page 28 in the rulebook states that strategy markers cannot be affected by the effects of models. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, Mycellanious said:

Was that a rule in M2E maybe? Thats the way that people I played with said it worked

I've played since book one of the first edition, and I don't know what might have given people that idea. It's never had a rule close to that. The blocking los to prevent targeting is about the only thing that's close. Covering a marker with a bigger base will stop them getting base contact, which might mean they can't move it, but it's still there as far as the game is concerned. 

10 minutes ago, Mycellanious said:

ok ty

Maybe its because you need to remove scheme markers at the end of the game to score points and if they are covered you cant remove them?

Again, as far as I know from the rules you can still remove them even if they are covered. 

7 minutes ago, Mycellanious said:

Because isnt that how other markers work? If a marker is completely covered its not counted as being in the game. Like if you cover a scheme marker your opponent cant score off of it at the end of the game, or you cant use or remove scrap or corpse markers if your opponent is covering it. 

Where does it say anything like that? If you are blocking line of sight you can't target them, but otherwise they are still in the game as far as I know.  Covering a scheme marker doesn't stop it scoring that I know of. 

6 minutes ago, Trample said:

She cannot affect strategy markers. Page 28 in the rulebook states that strategy markers cannot be affected by the effects of models. 

Ah, ok. I was only looking at the strategies themselves. Thanks! And Explosive Tokens make Strategy Markers my b

Follow up question. If a 40mm model covers a strategy marker, can you not score from it?

2 minutes ago, Adran said:

Why would you not be able to score? The marker is still in the stated place. 

Because isnt that how other markers work? If a marker is completely covered its not counted as being in the game. Like if you cover a scheme marker your opponent cant score off of it at the end of the game, or you cant use or remove scrap or corpse markers if your opponent is covering it. 

10 minutes ago, Adran said:

Where does it say anything like that? If you are blocking line of sight you can't target them, but otherwise they are still in the game as far as I know.  Covering a scheme marker doesn't stop it scoring that I know of. 

Was that a rule in M2E maybe? Thats the way that people I played with said it worked

8 minutes ago, Adran said:

I've played since book one of the first edition, and I don't know what might have given people that idea. It's never had a rule close to that. The blocking los to prevent targeting is about the only thing that's close. Covering a marker with a bigger base will stop them getting base contact, which might mean they can't move it, but it's still there as far as the game is concerned. 

ok ty

Maybe its because you need to remove scheme markers at the end of the game to score points and if they are covered you cant remove them?