3-4 Player Scenario: Four Corners

Hey all! Last week I wrote up and distributed a scenario for use in the local scene. There aren't many playable multiplayer scenarios out there, so I thought I'd fill a void. It was pretty fun so I thought I'd share it. Obviously not a ton of playtesting went into this, so if you run into issues, let me know and I'll get it hammered out. 

FOUR CORNERS

All Malifaux Rules are in effect, unless otherwise noted. 

Encounter Setup: 
a. Encounter Size is 15 or 20SS for 4 or 3 players. 
b. Place and Define Terrain
c. Divide the table into Quarters. Take a Scheme Marker from each player. There is only one Strategy for this scenario. 
d. Do not generate Schemes. This scenario has a set of specific Schemes.
e. Choose Faction + Leader.
f. Hire Crew.
g. Reveal Crews.
h. Randomly draw a Scheme Marker from those taken from the players in Step C. The owning player places the Scheme Marker in the center of a Table Quarter. Then, that player openly chooses a Scheme that no other player has chosen. Repeat this step until all Scheme Markers have been placed. 
i. Deployment. The player with the lowest-valued Scheme chosen deploys their whole crew within 4” of their Scheme Marker, then removes that Scheme Marker. Repeat for each next-highest Scheme, until all players have deployed. 
j. Game Starts

Strategy: Four Corners
At the End of the Turn, each player scores 1 VP if the number of table quarters with a friendly scheme marker totally inside it is greater than the number of VP that player has scored from the Strategy. 

Scheme Selection & Modification

1. Deliver a Message 
During its Activation, a friendly non-Leader model within 1” of an enemy Leader that is not in this crew’s starting Table Quarter can take the Interact action to score 1 VP. 

2. Dig Their Graves
After killing an enemy model within 1” of a friendly scheme marker, remove that marker and score 1 VP. 

3. Breakthrough
At the end of the turn, if you have a model within 1” of the center of a Table Quarter that was not this crew’s starting Table Quarter, score 1 VP. 

4. Assassinate
At the end of a friendly model’s Activation, if they caused damage to an enemy Leader and that Leader has half its maximum health or less, score 1 VP. If that model caused damage to an enemy Leader and that Leader was Killed, score 2 VP, instead. 

5. Take Prisoner
At the end of the Turn, if you have a friendly model engaging an enemy model and there are no enemy models within 2” of either model, score 1 VP. 

6. Claim Jump
At the end of the Turn, if you have a friendly non-Leader model within 2” of the centerpoint and there are no enemy models engaging it, score 1 VP. 

Special Rules
- All Upgrades attached to models after summoning lose Plentiful. All summoning Actions, Abilities, and Triggers that do not attach an upgrade are considered blank. Exception: The Guilty’s upgrade is a valid method of summoning. 
- Initiative Order is not flipped, instead, it is according to the value of the scheme held by the player, from lowest-to-highest, at the point when Initiative is usually determined. It does not change if the player’s Scheme is switched.
- There is a pool of the 6 schemes that are considered Available. If a player has chosen a Scheme, it is unavailable and cannot be chosen by another player. 
- Whenever a player earns VP from a Scheme, they immediately choose an Available Scheme. The Scheme they just scored becomes Available. 
- Scoring may occur on Turn 1. The Game ends after 4 Turns. 

• Like 3