Looking for league advice

pyremius

With the leak of 3e, Malifaux died off locally while people waited for the new edition.  Now that it's arrived, and GenCon is out of the way I'd like to start up a league to bring people back and recruit some new players - but I don't really have any ideas about how to do so effectively.

I would appreciate any suggestions for how to run a growth league that helps bring in new players, as well as re-introduces former players.  I know of casual interest from 6-10 people, but I doubt all of them will follow through.

• Like 1

Gamers are a notoriously unreliable species.  Perhaps one in ten "interested" people will actually show up, and the odds are even worse when a group is just starting.

My advice is to begin with demo/casual play events.  Build up the sense of community and the default expectation that games will be happening on such-and-such a day and at such-and-such a time. 

If you're the organizer, be ready for the long haul and the reality that some days you'll just be sitting by yourself whistling in the dark, even if someone has said they're coming.  But if you are reliable enough, personable and patient, you might be able to get people to start showing up on the regular.  And then you can consider whether or not to do a league or anything more ambitious than casual play.

If you try to start with something big, you're likely to be disappointed.  

• Thanks 1