Aionus - can I combine Buffering and Beyond Time?

Willow

Hello there!  Still learning how to play the Tara crew (which I found amazing, btw) and came across a possible interaction between Aionus abilities "Buffering" and "Beyond TIme" that I am not sure would be legal.

So... let's suppose the Tara player has some Pass Tokens, and let's also suppose the opponent controls a Terror Tot which is buried (due to Tara's Glimpse the Void or other) but has Fast (due to Tara's Stutter Time or other).  Now, can Aionus use Buffering and discard a Pass Token to avoid having that Terror Tot activate?

On the one hand, Beyond Time says Aionus can target buried models with Actions, ignoring range and LoS.  On the other hand, Buffering is an Ability, even though the discarding of a Pass Tokens seems an Action, although taken out of turn.

Does anyone knows the answer for how this interaction plays out, if any?

Thanks! 

No, Beyond Time doesn't let you ignore the "in Los" requirement on Buffering.

"seems an Action" is, to be blunt, simply false.  Just like "My model's doing something (because of an ability), isn't that activating it?" has the answer "No.  Activation is a specific thing with specific steps."

Actions are Actions, Abilities are Abilities, and Abilities don't turn into Actions just because you're interrupting the other player to make them pass.

• Agree 2