Nekima Enraged by Insolence

Tapdancer

First game with Nekima an issue around wording came up

bonus.png Enraged by Insolence

Until the End Phase, after a friendly Nephilim is killed within range, another friendly Nephilim within range may Push up to their Mv and take a melee.png Action

a read this as when a friendly Nephilim is kill any Nephilim other than the one killed can push and take an attack action.  My opponent read this as another friendly Nephilim as a Nephilim other than Nekima.   My interpretation makes sense in terms of the sentence and plain english but I can see my opponents point given any other friendly is so often used to exclude self targeting of a tactical action.  It also beggars the question if it  is Nekima and  not the killed model that is  excluded would this ability be triggered before the killed model is taken off the table?

Another friendly Nephilim than the one killed is the correct interpretation. Consider My Loyal Servant to prove the point. 

"My Loyal Servant: Another model (other than this model) within 3" of the target Heals 1/2/3."

The "other than this model" clarification means that the original "another" means "not the target/affected", not "not the generator/attacker of the effect". 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4