How to play with mcmourning

zoso87

Hi everyone

I have not played for 2 years and the next week I have a new game

I have the mcmourning band but I do not know how to make it work

the band would be mc mourning, Sebastian, rafkin, flesh construct, 2 nurses, 1 rotten belle and 1 canine remains

I need some advice on how to play, the main mission is reckoning

thank you

Reckoning is all about killing, and unfortunately your pool of models is missing some of the more aggressive picks that tend to go with McMourning (Rogue Necromancy, Kentauroi, Dead Rider) but on the plus side, McMourning himself is an absolute melee beast. 

The plan should be to use McM and Flesh construct as your beatsticks, with  the rest of the crew running support/ scoring schemes. You want to get plenty of poison onto McMourning, as this will heal him at the end of each round. Your Belle will be useful to lure enemies into unfavourable positions/ allow you to pick them off one by one. 

One thing you may wish to try is to generate multiple corpse markers in one place with your canine remains, then stroll over with McMourning to summon a new flesh construct. 

Yeah absolutely in a normal game with a full crew load out flesh construct makes for an ok scheme runner, but with the exact crew that he is talking about using into a game of reckoning, I would go on the offensive with it. 

I suppose you could just rely on Sebastian and Rafkin handing out a bunch of poison with Flask of Formaldehyde for blood poisoning to get the job done, then use the construct for scheming actually. 

One of the strongest resser keywords. Can easily get McMorning to effectively regen 5 on 1st turn. His entire crew, if you hire experimental models, will be excessively hard to put down because the whol crew will be constantly healing from perverse metabolism, and catalyst. Super mobile with reckless on the flesh constructs, doctor’s orders on McMorning and ride with me on the kentauri. I like charging in with a kentauri, ride with me out of combat, and then charging the same model, or something more fragile further in, since they have the ability to charge more than once.

I haven’t found my optimal mix of a crew yet, but I like bubbling at the start to pulse poison on all my models with the chihuahua and rafkin, so the whole crew can start with poison 5. That’s effectively regen 2 for the whole crew for the first 2 turns, as well as having threatening stacks of poison for transfusion if needed.

• Agree 2