How to best use A Memory Stirs?

The first ability allows good card recycling and the second allows to recover from death. But to me this feels a rather weak asset.

Don't get me wrong getting a 11+masks and being able to recover it each activation is really good, but also requires cards in hand. And getting that initial card can take a while, or I'd rather use it in an important duel elsewhere. This seems to require a great amount of chance to pull off, and also makes the attack more predictable.

The second part feels mostly pointless. This effect requires the asset to not be disabled or scrapped, so instantly you've lost 1+1 so in order to get most benefit you need to be hit for 3 (pen19), which most other assets would be able to defend from (2+1) so really it's use as a defensive tool is for defending against 4-hit attacks (pen24), when not within range of friendlies. Retaining glory is nice, but you lose the asset and so nice if you can get a free teleport, but at the same time he is left weakened.

Some people swear by this asset, and I'd rather things like Hovering Portal, Arcane Tome or Corona of Flame. So do you have any tips or tricks which I am missing about this one? The difference is likely how I control Adeodatos and use portals.

It's best used in 2C games where you can have more cards in hand, but when that does happen if you draw a high mask (or the RJ for crazy value) being able to use it on all of the attack duels and pen flips in the activation is really wild. I agree the second part is more of an "oh crap" move than anything else, if I'm about to take 2 damage and it's my last asset anyway or if I'm about to get hit by a bunch of attacks I'll proc it just to get somewhere hopefully safer. The fact that neither of those takes up an action slot is pretty nice too

• Thanks 1

Ok then so it seems like it's the first part which is the major thing then, I was really only considering it for the initial attack duel and not for the pen flips or defense duels, which could really snowball out of control if attacking twice a turn.

I could probably do with improving my card draw when playing Cult as well. Any tips in this regard?