New player help needed

Gerry Hartmann

Hello all! I'm brand new to Malifaux. Some friends have introduced me to the game, and I'm excited to get in my first real game. After I was led through a teaching game, I excitedly bought a Malifaux lot from eBay. Full disclosure, I had no idea what I was buying. Good news is I got a great deal on a Dreamer Neverborn lineup. Bad news is that the cards I have are all first edition and not usable. I'm not new to miniature games, as I have been playing Guild Ball for about two years. Guild Ball has all the cards available online for free, but they encourage using the app. I love the app after getting used to it. I paid for the Malifaux app, I'm sure I'll get used to it and love it too. As a learning aid, I'd like to have printed cards I can refer to and write notes on. I was told in the Facebook group that the cards are available for free in the forums, but I don't know where to look. Help?

3 hours ago, Gerry Hartmann said:

Hello all! I'm brand new to Malifaux. Some friends have introduced me to the game, and I'm excited to get in my first real game. After I was led through a teaching game, I excitedly bought a Malifaux lot from eBay. Full disclosure, I had no idea what I was buying. Good news is I got a great deal on a Dreamer Neverborn lineup. Bad news is that the cards I have are all first edition and not usable. I'm not new to miniature games, as I have been playing Guild Ball for about two years. Guild Ball has all the cards available online for free, but they encourage using the app. I love the app after getting used to it. I paid for the Malifaux app, I'm sure I'll get used to it and love it too. As a learning aid, I'd like to have printed cards I can refer to and write notes on. I was told in the Facebook group that the cards are available for free in the forums, but I don't know where to look. Help?

Hey, welcome to Malifaux, it's a great game that I started almost 2 years ago and quickly came to love, playing 2-3 games a week.

The edition is currently going through a change, for the better and worse, but I think as a new player you're in a good spot as you can learn fresh whilst the new edition progresses.

You'll notice a few things have changed, Neverborn gained 3 new masters (but lost Collodi & Lilith in the process, however they still have rules and can be played in tournaments with permission from the TO).

Here is a link to the beta files, you don't necessarily have to learn M3E, you could stick to playing M2E for now, but is recommend starting straight from the beta, the game is more streamlined in its ways so should be more friendly for beginners.

Sadly, I've moved on from Neverborn now, I loved them in M2E but times have changed, so I'd definitely recommend starting from M3E and seeing a models new playstyle.

Hope this helps, and I hope you enjoy playing the faction 😄

Link to beta files: 

• Thanks 1

Just to add that the M2E cards aren't available for free anywhere that I know of. 

I assume the facebook group was talking about the 3rd editon beta which INXVI linked too. When 3rd is released they have said they intend for the cards to all be available for free, so I would assume it'll be similar to the Guildball pdfs (although there are a lot more cards for Malifaux than Guildball).

• Like 1