Two noob questions after first game

Gwyliam

Question

Heyho. 

In Friday me and a friend of mine had our first game of Malifaux. We had tons of fun, I think we got most of the rules right and learned a lot. We are really looking forward to the next game. I played Kirai and he played Rasputina. All in all two questions came up that we could not solve with the FAQ or the rules. 

1.) Do Rasputinas Ice Pillars need to be placed in LOS? If yes : completely (do both markers need to be visible completely) or just a part of them or can they be placed without LOS?

2.) In a situation he killed my Lost Love by dealing 3 points of damage with an attack action. So far so good, but does that trigger Malevolence? My opponent said no, because the model dealing the aura is killed, so there is no aura any more. I said yes, because it is triggered whenever a model takes damage, which happens before the model is killed. So my take was : I take the damage, I place Ikiryo, Lost love dies.  Who of us is right?

Thank you all and sorry if those questions have been asked before... 

1 answer to this question

13 hours ago, Gwyliam said:

Heyho. 

In Friday me and a friend of mine had our first game of Malifaux. We had tons of fun, I think we got most of the rules right and learned a lot. We are really looking forward to the next game. I played Kirai and he played Rasputina. All in all two questions came up that we could not solve with the FAQ or the rules. 

1.) Do Rasputinas Ice Pillars need to be placed in LOS? If yes : completely (do both markers need to be visible completely) or just a part of them or can they be placed without LOS?

Marker placement doesn’t require line of sight by default.  Summoning does (which will matter to the Kirai player, or the Rasputina player when you try out the Frozen Servants upgrade).

For things that do require line of sight or being in range, just having any part of the item in range/line of sight is required.  Pretty much only deployment is where distances require models to be “completely within”.